Super Noob Lighting/Wiring/Power Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm going to be running all sorts of light projects when I get back and am about to purchase some supplies. I don't need to be super clean/hidden install but it does need to be neat and tidy.

Plannig on running this LED strip in the bed with Roll-X and BedRug

Flexible Light Strip 300 SMD White LED Ribbon 5 Meter or 16 Feet By Ledwholesalers, 2026wh - Amazon.com

I also bought 100' of 16 gauge red and black wire to make the run to the battery or wherever for the the rear dually's and front light cannons.

Coleman Cable 16-100-11 Primary Wire, 16-Gauge 100-Feet Bulk Spool, Black - Amazon.com

What connections are best? The screwnut kind? Butt connectors? (never used before) Probably going to power the LED's off the tailight with a preexisting switch I already have.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you use butt connectors outside the vehicle make sure to get the seamless ones with heat shrink on them. when the get hot, the melt and excrete a sealing gel. they are used a lot in motorcycle applications. solder with heat shrink is the best. interior you can use regular seamless butt connectors or solder as well. DO NOT USE THE TWIST CAPS.