Stripper pole??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the bed step. I really like the idea of the step itself but dont like the fact that you get the plastic bed liner and pole on your tailgate. So my question is if you pull off the pole and plastic cover whats left? Is it open to the latch assembly? Anyone know?

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck with the bed step. I really like the idea of the step itself but dont like the fact that you get the plastic bed liner and pole on your tailgate. So my question is if you pull off the pole and plastic cover whats left? Is it open to the latch assembly? Anyone know?

Yea, it's open. not entirely but there are big holes and access points. You CAN take off the pole and there would only be the small access hole where the pole pivots into which would be a lot better than taking the pole and cover off.

~BGM

OP
OP
Blukrom

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO I wonder if the stadard tailgate access covers would work on the step gate? I would imagine Ford wouldnt change the entire design, then again who knows.... Any ideas Ford Tech guys?

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Yes. There is a handle delete kit. Its just a metal plate that goes over the top half of the gate

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

IMG_0166.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I never use it, I can step on to the tailgate without the step or stripper pole :)

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
Blukrom

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. There is a handle delete kit. Its just a metal plate that goes over the top half of the gate

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

IMG_0166.jpg

Nice, exactly what Im looking for. What did that set you back?