Story of my defective rocker arms on my 2010 6.2, and Fords help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the TSB: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183/tsb-10-25-7-6-2l-engine-tick-noise-engine-misfire-codes-13650/

Define fairly common. I think your instance is one of three mentioned on this forum. Three instances out of all of the 2010's on FRF is what I would call fairly rare.

I know one person who owns a 2010 6.2 and it has failed so extrapolating that leads me to believe 100% failure rate.

Seriously, it was common enough for Ford to decide it was cheaper to redesign / re-engineer the part than continue to fix rockers; I don't know what the results of their cost/benefit analysis were though.

Last edited:

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man that was lucky. I went to svtperformance to see if their foodservice person could help me out with the tsb for the OEM clutch in my 09 GT500. And I got no help at all. Lol oh well. Time to upgrade I guess.
glad they could help you out :)

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, been a stressful week to say the least! Last Tuesday I got out of my truck and heard what I would describe as a half a knock, half a tick. I could hear it from the top of the motor, wheel well, and even under the truck. Wasn't real loud, the guys at work thought I was crazy, but I could defiantly hear it. I started to do my research and figured it was probably the canister purge valve, so I ordered and replaced it. Started it up afterwards and was deviated well the noise was still there. I made an appointment at The dealer, and dropped it off. I am lucky enough to have a dealer that I like and trust. The tech and I walked out and he also heard it and I discussed a TSB that a member on here told me about. He looked it up and found the TSB 10-25-7. Apparently there was a problem with 2010 6.2 rockers, never heard of it before even after researching the noise. I went home with a heavy heart and researched the TSB# and found quite a bit of info on the super duty forums for early 6.2s also. The next day the dealer called me and said that I had a bad rocker arm on the passenger side. They recommended to replace all of them as the new one is a revised part. Cost $1200! Dammit! 8000 miles out of warranty.

I Pm'd Crystal the ford customer service rep that is a member here on FRF. She was super helpful and got me set up with my regional customer service rep, Ron. Ron was also super helpful and in the end was able to help out and cover 60% of the tab! Thanks again! Awesome that ford cares about the customers!

I was lucky enough that my dad let me drive his raptor for the week. Got my truck back tonight and all is well again. Now I get to enjoy the great sound of a healthy 6.2 through CORSA!!! A'men!!!

Do you have any modifications? Intake or exhaust? Ever run a tune?

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is great. Needless to say Ford did not have to do anything as the warranty had expired, but with the help of the FRF Forum and Crystal, they took care of you. Very nice.

jimbo04

Reaction score
How many miles on the raptor?
Do you have any engine mods? Exhaust or intake?

Buy a raffle ticket for Avery: win an awesome prize.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993
Old thread I know. I'm currently chasing a knock/tick from passenger side can hear it up top thru wheel well and under truck thru oil pan as well. Not my lower bearings rod or mains they were checked, I replaced camshaft and rockers on passenger side , plugs and wires with ngk iridiums and msd 8.5mm wires new factory coils. Still has same sound hell I even cleaned out all oil passages in head and block I could access with pan and cover/heads off still have tick/knock new timing chain and guides as well. Anybody got any ideas or other possibilities? Checked for arching coils and wires as well and found nothing runs great no codes or cel but definitely a tick/knock that is kinda loud. With a decibel reader on top of passenger tire it measures 66 to 68 decibels. I'm totally stumped and any shop or mechanic says I need a motor but they are unable to explain why other than it is knocking! Help please