Stock Grill/Hood LEDs Color Shade Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Wow that's so weird

I know! I've been dealing with LEDs for replacements and making my own boards for my old Firehawk, TBSS and GTO for over a decade and never encountered them changing colors randomly! In all honesty my first thought was someone swapped them out on my truck without me knowing, but can't be the case even though I'm in an apartment complex for next 6 months while my house is being built.

I really hate the color difference.. it really bugs me. Anyone ever swapped a hood marker for a front bumper marker? Least it'd be not as obvious!?

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grill lights--- AL3Z-15442-C
Front fender, L & R-----AL3Z-15442-B
REAR----- AL3Z-15442-A

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey that turnpikedavid guy is parting out a crashed raptor. His thread is in the garage sale area. Call him and see if he will sell you the lights.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry man, I bought the three grille lights from turnpikedavid. I want to have a total of 5 LEDs across my grill, so I really only need two of them. After I receive them, let me make sure that they're all the same color and I'll sell you one.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Sorry man, I bought the three grille lights from turnpikedavid. I want to have a total of 5 LEDs across my grill, so I really only need two of them. After I receive them, let me make sure that they're all the same color and I'll sell you one.

Fair enough sir, thanks for the helping me out in process!! Just let me know when you get them in.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey I got those grille lights from turnpikedavid. Unfortunately they were tinted, so they don't match my three existing lights. I think I'm going to just swap mine out for these instead of trying to install the extra two lights. I want to keep my stock lights, so I guess I can't help you. Sorry, but just didn't want you to be waiting to hear back from me.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
No worries, I appreciate you getting back with me. I'm going to swap 2 of them out so at least teh odd color one is in the middle till I can find some used ones.

Also comparing my lights with the bumper light color, actually seems like maybe 2 turned more yellow so I may end up being in the market for 2 lights.