Stock 801a vs 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at an 801A with the options I "had" to have VS a low optioned 802A. The price difference came out very close. I ended up ordering an 802A with heated rear seats, applique delete, and tailgate step.

that tail gate step is a life saver. I used that so many times its funny people laugh but I hop up in the back super easy when unloading junk. That's a must along with cooled seats don't need heat but need cooled for sure

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say get the 802A. I got that package and love it. I never hear anyone say damn I wish I didn’t have all these nice gadgets and features lol. Easier to get it now then to want it down the road and try adding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 801a with the front torsen diff, navigation and sync connect added on. I love my truck and have no regrets not getting a 802a truck. Its all just extra crap I didn't want.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 801a with the front torsen diff, navigation and sync connect added on. I love my truck and have no regrets not getting a 802a truck. Its all just extra crap I didn't want.
Ah so you can add the Torsen on the 801A, it just doesn't come standard!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah so you can add the Torsen on the 801A, it just doesn't come standard!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep. It should be on every raptor. Imagine how you’d feel stuck in a snow bank w 3 tires spinning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with everyone. Its not that money is an issue, I just dont want to spend the extra money to for stickers, etc. Hope that makes sense. But I do get that all of the 802a really make the Raptor a Raptor. Totally agree.

I am finding it very hard to find a "low-optioned" 802a. Basically hoping for a 802a with moonroof. Every build I am finding like that is with a dealer NOT willing to deal at all or has some sort of extra dealer add-ons like the Waldoch pack.

I have reached out to so many dealers and cannot find one with allocation to order either. I have used cars.com, autotrader, raptor finder, and fords inventory site and plugging in multiple zip codes to reach a "new" 100 mile territory.

Here is to hoping the market for Raptors open up a bit and prices are not so outrageous.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited:

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with everyone. Its not that money is an issue, I just dont want to spend the extra money to for stickers, etc. Hope that makes sense. But I do get that all of the 802a really make the Raptor a Raptor. Totally agree.

I am finding it very hard to find a "low-optioned" 802a. Basically hoping for a 802a with moonroof. Every build I am finding like that is with a dealer NOT willing to deal at all or has some sort of extra dealer add-ons like the Waldoch pack.

I have reached out to so many dealers and cannot find one with allocation to order either. I have you cars.com, autotrader, raptor finder, fords inventory site and plugging in multiple zip codes to reach a "new" 100 mile territory.

Here is to hoping the market for Raptors open up a bit and prices are not so outrageous.

Thanks everyone for the help!

ha I 100% get that. you can buy it you just refuse to. Was the same way on my 14. I looked when the 13s were released until 2015 and finally found one at sticker. I was not paying 1 dollar over sticker. it wasn't money it was my brain not letting me get ****** by greedy dealers. I have had this thing going on 3 years by far the longest I even owned a daily driver. I still love it and just bought a stage 2 Whipple kit. I should of did that years ago but was holding out for the new ones. next summer I will redo the interior in a Bentley style and keep it another 2-3 years I like it that much.

I guess I am trying to say is figure out how much you like it and pay accordingly. I just didn't realize how much I liked it or I would of paid more ( I think lol)
good luck and I still think if you dont care about the gadgets get a 14. do you know what you could do to the 14 with 25K or more to throw at it? ALOT

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha I 100% get that. you can buy it you just refuse to. Was the same way on my 14. I looked when the 13s were released until 2015 and finally found one at sticker. I was not paying 1 dollar over sticker. it wasn't money it was my brain not letting me get ****** by greedy dealers. I have had this thing going on 3 years by far the longest I even owned a daily driver. I still love it and just bought a stage 2 Whipple kit. I should of did that years ago but was holding out for the new ones. next summer I will redo the interior in a Bentley style and keep it another 2-3 years I like it that much.

I guess I am trying to say is figure out how much you like it and pay accordingly. I just didn't realize how much I liked it or I would of paid more ( I think lol)
good luck and I still think if you dont care about the gadgets get a 14. do you know what you could do to the 14 with 25K or more to throw at it? ALOT

This is exactly it. I refused to be screwed by greedy dealers. haha. Its a great big mind-**** :p

I mean, even the used market pricing is stupid..aha

Last edited:

jorligan

Reaction score
Which state? I just bought an 18 with 802a, dual roof, spray liner and wheels at MSRP and got a good trade on my 15 F150. There were others in my area with 802a and a roof alone. 2 dealers had allocation spots open. I am in Michigan