GEN 2 Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the DM-810 takes the signal from the head unit and bypasses the stock Sony amp and stock wiring. That would really be the cleanest sounding way to go?

The DM-810 is simply and 8-channel-in/10-channel-out processor. Once you grab the signal you're going to route it from the processor to amplification and speakers of your choice. I'd take it to your car audio professional and have them do a work-up on it.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car audio professional

The DM-810 is simply and 8-channel-in/10-channel-out processor. Once you grab the signal you're going to route it from the processor to amplification and speakers of your choice. I'd take it to your car audio professional and have them do a work-up on it.

Well I had my stereo shop do the install already but its got problems, they used a JL Audio FIX 86 and the speakers will just cut out for no reason and the center dash speaker will start playing? then it just goes away? I'm having a different stereo shop install the PAC Pro 4 at the head unit and remove the FIX 86, they say that it works better and the sound is cleaner. It seems these Sony systems are a pain in the @ss. I really just want it right with no problems.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so installed the PAC PRO 4 in the Raptor and it works perfectly, it is the way to go!

Big Thanks to shelteredraptor for the help!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

use the PAC converter and the Mosconi processor. Hopefully they know how to tune because these trucks aren't easy to get tuned. JL aint what they used to be. just my .02

Thanks for the help! the PAC PRO 4 worked perfectly.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PAC is the ticket because it seamlessly integrates the head unit without disrupting any normal functions. The center channel is eliminated which people seem to think is necessary, but it isn't.
When Noah did mine, he spent a LOT of time tuning it so the sound stage was timed beautifully. The sweet spot sounds amazing, and the stage is really defined and smooth.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mosconi processor

The PAC is the ticket because it seamlessly integrates the head unit without disrupting any normal functions. The center channel is eliminated which people seem to think is necessary, but it isn't.
When Noah did mine, he spent a LOT of time tuning it so the sound stage was timed beautifully. The sweet spot sounds amazing, and the stage is really defined and smooth.

Hey witch Mosconi processor would you recommend?