Stealth fighter and perch mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree..really hate the plate on there. I'm going to see if I can't get the new plate or just take this one off and see how long I can make it without getting pulled over

I ordered custom black TX plates here: MyPlates.com
There are TONS to choose from.

I got the black ones with the big white star and then sanded the white frame of the plate and painted it black. The result is a plate that is not too noticeable and blends in well with my skidplate. That's the route I'd suggest. That way you're legal but don't have an eyesore in the middle of your new bumper.

OP
OP
keatonskidmore

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered custom black TX plates here: MyPlates.com
There are TONS to choose from.

I got the black ones with the big white star and then sanded the white frame of the plate and painted it black. The result is a plate that is not too noticeable and blends in well with my skidplate. That's the route I'd suggest. That way you're legal but don't have an eyesore in the middle of your new bumper.

Yeah, I couldn't even tell it was a plate in your signature picture..checking that site now, thanks Bo.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Custom plates are the first mod that should be done in Texas... hate that gay plate too. Might look half-ass on a blue truck... doubt it. Got mine from the same site. PlastiDip took only a few minutes, and along with a cool plate frame made the white edges go away
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355162142.922588.jpg

Last edited:

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SKIDMORE - sounds cool to me
SKIDROW
SKID RAP
BAJA 4X4
BAJA RUN
FRF RAP
TRR RUN

Ya know... Just start in on it. If you can't come up with anything ya like, you can always get a random assignment on the plate of your choice. You can only get 7 digit plates twice a year, max is 6 the rest of the time?

Last edited:

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that the Texas legislature did accidently take out the language making it a crime for not having a front plate.

Here's one story about it.. Texas Lawmakers Accidentally Omit 2 License Plate Law

So far it hasn't been rectified yet as the legislature hasn't reconvened. Curious if they'll re-add the language making it a crime to run without a front plate or if they'll leave it off now. At least for now, you don't have to run a front plate in Texas.

OP
OP
keatonskidmore

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember reading that the Texas legislature did accidently take out the language making it a crime for not having a front plate.

Here's one story about it.. Texas Lawmakers Accidentally Omit 2 License Plate Law

So far it hasn't been rectified yet as the legislature hasn't reconvened. Curious if they'll re-add the language making it a crime to run without a front plate or if they'll leave it off now. At least for now, you don't have to run a front plate in Texas.

hm..thats very interesting..I may have to talk to some of my highway patrol buddies

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next session convenes January 8, 2013.. so a little less than a month.

You'll know 100% whether you'll have to have a front plate or not by the time session ends on May 27, 2013 at the very latest. Any law they change will be imposed either on the date its passed or August 26 at the very latest.

I'll be watching it closely. My work truck is Texas-tagged and I'm over there at least 3x a week.

OP
OP
keatonskidmore

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SKIDMORE - sounds cool to me
SKIDROW
SKID RAP
BAJA 4X4
BAJA RUN
FRF RAP
TRR RUN

Ya know... Just start in on it. If you can't come up with anything ya like, you can always get a random assignment on the plate of your choice. You can only get 7 digit plates twice a year, max is 6 the rest of the time?

I thought we could only have 6?