Spec-D LED tails installed, love them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you at this point for 170.00 plus 10% AND FREE shipping I am not unhappy with these lights. They seem to fit overall fine and look good... Plenty bright and proper NHTSA reflectors on side for safety. When I get the other two boxes suppose to be tomorrow... I will let you know... Overall install takes about 10 minutes per side... I also ordered the LED backup which is much brighter and the LED license plate lights... For 201.00 including shipping to my door that's pretty good.... Time will tell as to if the lights hold up well but I don't see anything to make me think they wont...

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree they are nice looking lights. If Xtralights comes through with the missing load resistors I will be satisfied. Just gotta wait a bit longer now.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just talked with a "Rick" at Xtralights. He tells me they have contacted the manufacture to ship two extra load resistors "gold boxes" direct to all customers that purchased their lights in the last two months. (that is when they started getting complaints). Now I will get four( since they didn't send me any) but the rest of you will get two. He tells me Xtralights will ship out to customers automatically and you don't even have to call to request them. He said that in the past you always got four load resistors but the company had a "hiccup" in quality control and only started sending two. He was very sorry for the mix up and told me I should expect the "gold boxes" load resistors in about one to two weeks. We shall see...:emotions33:

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

You may want to check Amazon or Ebay. I think you might be able to beat that price. Time will tell about the Spec D's but I can tell you the Spyders do hold up well.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Fred....you may want to check this out. Black 09 13 Ford F150 Styleside Philips LED Perform Tail Lights Lamps Left Right | eBay

These sure as hell look like Spyders. I can't swear they are but they look just like them and they do use Phillips bulbs and in the picture on the rear you can see the built in load resistors. My spyders looked just like them.

Here is the response on the e-bay lights that resemble the Spyders:

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in our products.

This item is not Spyder brand,
Our products are manufactured by SONAR. SONAR makes the parts for Spyder.
We use the same manufacturer, which make the quality of our products comparable.

And yes these come with resistors already so this unit will give you no issues at all once installed.

Best Regards,

Anthony G
DT Motoring

:::a0KA000000BNtAwMAL:::

- dt_moto

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look nice...no hyper flash I presume....and how many load resistors?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Hap are you seeing hyper flash with yours? I'm still in Thailand and can't install mine for another week and a half. I ordered Spec D's from Car ID. Any input would be appreciated.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Hap are you seeing hyper flash with yours? I'm still in Thailand and can't install mine for another week and a half. I ordered Spec D's from Car ID. Any input would be appreciated.

Yes. I was the first to report the problem with them on here a few pages back. Questioned the two plugs vs only one resistor per side and the simply replied it should be fine. Not!
So, as others called to complain the finally agreed that there are missing parts from the OEM.

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Fred....you may want to check this out. Black 09 13 Ford F150 Styleside Philips LED Perform Tail Lights Lamps Left Right | eBay

These sure as hell look like Spyders. I can't swear they are but they look just like them and they do use Phillips bulbs and in the picture on the rear you can see the built in load resistors. My spyders looked just like them.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking I may try a set of these since it sounds like if I order a set Of spec-d's I'm going to be waiting another couple weeks after I get the lights to get the resistors. Plus it sounds like these are made by the same company as Spyder's, we're just not paying for the name.