Spec-D LED tails installed, love them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are load resistors that are wired separately from the lights. Two on each side.

Do the lights come with the load Resistors attached so it is plug-and play? I have heard load resistors can get hot as in HOT! Does that cause a problem?

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the lights come with the load Resistors attached so it is plug-and play? I have heard load resistors can get hot as in HOT! Does that cause a problem?
The load resistors come as a separate unit that you attach to the inner fender & they plug right into the light fixture. Cheap load resistors will get hot, but these seem to be a better quality.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The load resistors come as a separate unit that you attach to the inner fender & they plug right into the light fixture. Cheap load resistors will get hot, but these seem to be a better quality.

Thank you for the information...I have been searching all over for a tail that a) does NOT need load resistors, b) has one already included and is not something I would need to add after the fact that might/might NOT prevent hyperflash...

It appears y'all are having good luck with these!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Spec D's today and installed them. All I can say is that they are the Shit! Love the virtually all black profile appearance. These are the non-smoked clear. They look really good on my Blue Flame.
Thanks OP for the heads up. They are just what I was looking for.

R,
HAP

GeauxOffRoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Spec D's today and installed them. All I can say is that they are the Shit! Love the virtually all black profile appearance. These are the non-smoked clear. They look really good on my Blue Flame.

R,
HAP

Good news! Should be getting mine tomorrow.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

R,
HAP

I'd like to see a picture of this. :)

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was under the impression that everyone saw the pic's posted on the Red Raptor when we first heard of them. That's what made me decide to order...