Spare tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have done some research but wondered if anyone has installed a 35 Falken Wildpeak on Method standards under their truck in the factory spare tire location? If so what issues if any did you have? I want my spare tire to match my others.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A long as it's a 35" tire you'll be fine putting it under te truck it's when you start getting a larger tire is when it doesn't fit haha 37's definitely don't fit under the truck

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I will order another wheel and tire to match.

I almost traded the Raptor yesterday for a new F250 Diesel. I was concerned about it holding it's value but I have a 2013 Duramax so I will just keep it and update the suspension. I've had it 8 months and put 2700 miles on it. I did finally put it in the deep mud and it performed flawless. Took 2 days with a power washer and my wife and I under the truck with washmits to clean it up and wax it. That sucked!!

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so, I just ordered the wheel and tire. I could just get off my lazy butt and go pull one and try it but what fun would that be. If it doesn't fit then I can explain to the wife we need to get the bed mount system. I use the bed so I was trying to avoid that.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea methods will fit trey! The wheel doesn't matter as long as it's 35" the offset it size of the wheel doesn't have any affect on putting the spare under the truck.

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I don't post here a great deal but I read a lot of what goes on. I don't have a need for it but I think the suspension may get upgraded in the near future. I would like to keep building on it but we rarely drive it since I have a company car.

There is someone here in central Indiana that lifted a Crew Cab Terrain Raptor like mine. I haven't seen it yet but I have heard about it. Must be a custom lift based off the height people are describing but who knows.

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an update, I installed the wheel and tire combination last night after putting a good coat of wax on the wheel. I also used black tape to insulate the center mount from scratching the wheel in any way. I don't see any issues with the mounting location but I don't think you could mount anything bigger.

Just got to mount the WSI springs and install the 5 star tuner. They should be here on Saturday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randigitty