So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ this is true! My Garmin reads 3 mph slower than speedo on truck. Always wondered if this was the case or it was sat delay or something like that. Does the same thing in my Edge so it is consistent.

As for fastest speed, I never exceed the stated speed limit. Admitting to such would justify additional driving award certificates I do not wish to have. As for dirt 100mph...

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually, the indicated speed on the speedo should be three FASTER than what you're actually traveling. That way when you think you're being badass and doing 75 on the highway, the cops only see 72.

At least that's how all my Ford's have ever been.

They do that so they can save millions in warranty claims. They couldn't care less if you get a speeding ticket.

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
103 the day I picked it up from the dealership. And been pulled over 6 times in the 5 months I have had it. Only 1 ticket recieved. Cops are attracted to my awesome driving skills. :waytogo:

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's got to be a huge decrease in handling as well.

So, T/H mode increases braking performance?? I didn't quite understand that comment.

Within reason, the faster a Raptor goes the better it handles, my opinion. But the crosswinds in open areas are gusty and not predictable.

T/H turns on the engine braking.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's got to be a huge decrease in handling as well.

So, T/H mode increases braking performance?? I didn't quite understand that comment.

The handling is actually still buttery smooth all the way to the limiter.