So.......anyone try these. I might have to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I instantly discount any "mod" thats "how ford should have done it". Generally, those companies dont understand completely engineered systems. Thought to be honest thats most of the aftermarket.
Ford has regulations and other things to consider. Such as the optimal turbo compressor design might make a noise that a majority may find offensive so compromises are made.

For example, the biggest reason that Ford and other companies do not offer a catch can from the factory is because they require maintenance. The EPA knows that maintenance gets ignored and doesn't allow them (EPA regulations require a vehicle to maintain federal emissions standards for 100,000 miles with minimal maintenance, that is where the 100k tune up comes from).

Those that understand maintenance and don't mind, install catch cans.

Billet707

Reaction score
Doh! True story! If not for all, for us... have to remember most Raptors are only starbucks F150s.
I need the brakes to slow all this weight down when I go screeching into first in line for that new seasonal coffee but on a serious note doing offroad events things can get a bit squirrely when I need the truck to turn and slow down and brakes say nah im good

xsandman

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I'd like to see some vids, hopefully without down pipes and aftermarket exhaust, to hear the difference over stock.
For what it’s worth… I couldn’t hear my turbos spooling on the stock setup, but my son could hear high pitch out of my range for my 55yr old hearing. But, with new Garretts and downpipes and trombone I can easily hear the turbos spooling.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need the brakes to slow all this weight down when I go screeching into first in line for that new seasonal coffee but on a serious note doing offroad events things can get a bit squirrely when I need the truck to turn and slow down and brakes say nah im good
I have a write up here somewhere on the Alcons. If I had to do over again, I would probably go with the Wilwood set and their rear brake pads. That is primarily due to Alcons disgustingly high price of pads and rotor replacements.

Average Joe could get away with just more aggressive brake pads for the most part.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has regulations and other things to consider. Such as the optimal turbo compressor design might make a noise that a majority may find offensive so compromises are made.

For example, the biggest reason that Ford and other companies do not offer a catch can from the factory is because they require maintenance. The EPA knows that maintenance gets ignored and doesn't allow them (EPA regulations require a vehicle to maintain federal emissions standards for 100,000 miles with minimal maintenance, that is where the 100k tune up comes from).

Those that understand maintenance and don't mind, install catch cans.
You are correct about the Catch Cans. Whats intersting to me is on the GT500 they install them at the dealer or the consumer can as they come in the car as part of the handling pack. They self drain to the oil pan. I also believe its on the dirty side (passenger), which as I understood you dont want draining back to the pan??? Either I'm wrong or missing something of this equation here because I thought that was always the argument for not draining one back to the pan. I think the Gen 6 camaro has an integrated one for one side of the PCV system from the factory as well.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct about the Catch Cans. Whats intersting to me is on the GT500 they install them at the dealer or the consumer can as they come in the car as part of the handling pack. They self drain to the oil pan. I also believe its on the dirty side (passenger), which as I understood you dont want draining back to the pan??? Either I'm wrong or missing something of this equation here because I thought that was always the argument for not draining one back to the pan. I think the Gen 6 camaro has an integrated one for one side of the PCV system from the factory as well.
I wouldn't want that crap going back into my oil, but that is how they get rid of the "maintenance" requirement of a catch can.