Skyl3r's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The drone is pretty bad. Lol. Put stock resonator back on. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I figured, but sure does sound nice...definitely different from most exhaust mods I've heard.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

OP
OP
skyl3r

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Yea I figured, but sure does sound nice...definitely different from most exhaust mods I've heard.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

I love the sound, but honestly...I'm so sick of the drone.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the sound, but honestly...I'm so sick of the drone.

I had the same problem, had KHC set me up with a custom one since the drone from headers and old exhaust were killing me. Corsa Xtreme was sweet after that, but didn't work with the bumpstop. This one is dumped in front of the axle for now till I get dovetailed...

Attachments

• 20141211_132606.jpg
    20141211_132606.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20141211_132617.jpg
    20141211_132617.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20141211_132629.jpg
    20141211_132629.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 75

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Borla muffler replacing the factory muffler and I really like the sound although its a touch quiet. I would like to remove the factory resonator and if the drone becomes too bad I am going to experiment with a Helmholtz resonator. That's what dirty deeds looks like they are using?

Think of it as a second exhaust tube "y'd" off before the muffler and dead headed into an adjustable length tube running parallel to the main exhaust. You apparently tune the drone out by adjusting the length on the y.
Dennis

OP
OP
skyl3r

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I have a Borla muffler replacing the factory muffler and I really like the sound although its a touch quiet. I would like to remove the factory resonator and if the drone becomes too bad I am going to experiment with a Helmholtz resonator. That's what dirty deeds looks like they are using?

Think of it as a second exhaust tube "y'd" off before the muffler and dead headed into an adjustable length tube running parallel to the main exhaust. You apparently tune the drone out by adjusting the length on the y.
Dennis

I think myst on here has a helmholtz. At this point, I don't care, I'm so over it. I want no drone. I don't care if it's silent. Lol.