skid jack or high lift jack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mouldman1

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of depends on whether you plan to go on any sand dune runs.

Last year at the Lil Sahara sand dunes I de-beaded my right front tire drifting too aggressively with them aired down. Tried just airing it back up but the valve stem had gotten damaged, so no go

View attachment 23310

Lesson learned because changing a tire in the sinking sand is a royal pain in the ass. I'm not sure a skid jack would have had enough reach.

Fortunately Jimmy (WSI) had a high lift jack, and coupled with a block of wood it had reach to spare.

View attachment 23311

And what if you go flat in the mud. As for me, I just want a spare as quickly and painlessly as possible, so I will end up with both.

what size hi lift is that?

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what size hi lift is that?

Not sure, but it is one of the taller versions. I think they make collapsible portable jack stands that are easily stowed that might ease the worries with the Hi-Lift. In mud or sand it quickly and easily picks up any corner of the Raptor using the recovery hooks as the contact point. Just remember a block of wood for a stable base that doesn't allow it to sink as far.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dave
I can make the skid and mount for you- I use the 2 ton HF jack.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 65