skid jack or high lift jack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Seems pricey but looks like they still make them.

2 Ton Quick Release Jack Kit - Foutz Motorsports

What's odd is in their pictures, its a 1.5 ton jack....

It looks like this is $499 on your site now?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Sorry, missed this post.

:beatdeadhorse5:

I saw that too, but it appears it comes with a skid jack plus a mounting plate for it. All I need is the skid really, but for price it was a skid jack is what I'd gone with. no need for a mounting bracket for extra $330.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was originally an old thread, but since its up again,... Questions for those using Hi Lift jacks;

Does the tow rings hold the weight of the truck if used as a lifting point?

And what attachment do you use on the jack to lift it up?

I have about 3 of these here, so I'm not looking at buying a floor jack with a skid now. Plus, I havent had good luck with HF steel floor jacks. The last one, the release valve striped out after 3 uses and no, I didnt crank it down. Dont know about the aluminum jacks, but the steel floor jacks are crap! Buy the extended warantee, I sure used it! :flipthebird:Harbor Freight!

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out with 4 jeeps a few weeks ago and one of the jeeps got themselves stuck in a way that could almost only be solved with a hi-lift. It might have been possible to pull him but linking 4 recovery straps and the winch on my truck but we would have shredded the poly rope on my winch. We ended up pulling him free with 3 recovery straps and a 5 foot hi-lift.

A hi-lift is next on my list along with mounts for that and my skid mounted floor jack.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Hi-Lift jack is at times called a Hi-Center jack. It is used to get you out of a high centered condition.