Sirius and existing service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Sirius as a current customer when you bought your Raptor?

Did they suspend your account and tack it on to the free trial period that comes with the truck?

I'll be about 1 year into my current 2 year subscription, so I'm hoping they will give me credit for the included 6 month free subscription.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can get weird about transferring, at least that is with lifetime. The guy that got my old F-150 FX2 has a free lifetime subscription from me, courtesy of Sirius.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can get weird about transferring, at least that is with lifetime. The guy that got my old F-150 FX2 has a free lifetime subscription from me, courtesy of Sirius.

They wouldn't transfer your lifetime membership over? I have a lifetime membership but it is on a unit from them. I was able to buy a new radio and they switched it. They wanted to charge me some ridiculous amount and i complained about it and they didn't end up charging me.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Does anyone have any experience with Sirius as a current customer when you bought your Raptor?

Did they suspend your account and tack it on to the free trial period that comes with the truck?

I'll be about 1 year into my current 2 year subscription, so I'm hoping they will give me credit for the included 6 month free subscription.

When i bought my raptor i had a subscription on the old truck. I barely had that truck 18 months. I just cancelled the subscription and when the 6 months is up i will start up a new subscription.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will do either, transfer with a credit or terminate old and give you a refund. I transferred the service from my old F150 to the Raptor, but we cancelled the service on my wife's escape and got a refund until her trial was expired. That ended up being a better deal because when her trial ran out they threw us a hell-of-a deal to renew!

As for lifetime, it's a 50$ charge to swap to newer radio. I have it for my 3rd unit.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiriusXM told me that I could transfer my lifetime subscription from my 07 F-150 to a portable radio. I have a portable radio with a lifetime subscription. I told them why would I want a portable radio in a truck that has it built in!!!!!!

They also told me that they did not offer lifetime subscriptions anymore.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will do either, transfer with a credit or terminate old and give you a refund. I transferred the service from my old F150 to the Raptor, but we cancelled the service on my wife's escape and got a refund until her trial was expired. That ended up being a better deal because when her trial ran out they threw us a hell-of-a deal to renew!

As for lifetime, it's a 50$ charge to swap to newer radio. I have it for my 3rd unit.

yes if you wait till you'r free sub is almost up they will give you a good deal to renew.they will usually get a hold of you while you still have some time left and offer you a deal but if you say no they will try to get a hold of you again before it runs out and offer you an even better deal. at least thats what they did when i had my 2011.