Siren sounds??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve19Raptor

Reaction score
2019 Raptor with 26k miles. Check engine light has been on for a while as dealership awaits cam phaser replacement parts. Was assured it's fine to drive. Yesterday when going up a hill I noticed the turbos at 10ish psi and then heard what sounded like a siren coming from somewhere on the truck. Noticed it several more times in the same scenario. From what I have read sounds like the turbos are failing. Can't see to find much but one article talked of "catastrophic" engine failure. Anyone have thoughts?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the truck hang any aftermarket modifications, or completely stock? I’m guessing you recently bought it used?

The cam phaser issue addressed in the recall program/TSB does not cause a check engine light to set.

OP
OP
Steve19Raptor

Steve19Raptor

Reaction score
Owned since december and has been nothing short of a nightmare. Whipple tune from the dealer when new is only non stock. I removed whipple so dealership could replace cam phasers and reset ECU. Still waiting on cam phaser parts and something to do with the crank case sensor. Hence the engine malfunction light. Ford pass tells me the system has detected an improper connection/installlation of the engine crank case hoses and sealing items. Tuned with MPT now running 91 octane for the last two months.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D I'm sorry that you're not having a pleasant experience with your Raptor - vehicle problems are a nightmare :( Hope you get it fixed soon!! Personally, I'd avoid driving it until it's fixed. Hate for it to worsen the situation.