Silver Lake Sand Dunes- Day 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

Bojangles

yeah well give me a small tip. you're used to that.

2845.gif

Are you feeling a bit fancy today, Bird?
While it is a fun game, you're not exactly my ideal picture of a play-date

OP
OP
JohntheDrummer

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding pic! You definitely need to submit that for the contest (see here: http://www.svtoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Monthly-Photo-Contest )

And like Dan said... how'd you mount the flag? Tell us more about that please? I like that idea quite a bit.

The flag mounting was a piece of flat 1/8" stock, ground to fit in the front tow hook channel. I drilled a hole big enough to accommodate one of the two tow hook mounting bolts. I purchased a length of square tubing, 1/2 inch I believe, and cut a 45 degree "V", bent it to a 90 degree angle and wire welded the cut edges. I also am a fan of over-kill and cut and welded a corner brace (for strength) and used two U-bolts (like a small muffler clamp) to mount the square tubing to the flat stock to really make a solid mount for the required 10' flag. I finished it off with some pipe insulation, just in case it did let loose, not to scratch my baby. If you would like pictures of my improvised/on the fly/done by the seat of the pants/ugly hack job (but strong) flag mount just ask and I'll go out and snap some pics of it. It held up well and that's what over-kill is all about!!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
John, yes please! Definitely take some pics and fire up a new thread. I think others would be interested in what ya did there as well. Looks great!