side SVT logo light strips..Can u make them blink with turn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotpar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To elaborate on what Fastcote said, I also would think you would want them to turn off when the brighter blinker comes on.

To do that, you would need a NC(normally closed) relay. You would put your EL strip light's positive line across the NC(normally closed) terminals(30 and 87a from link below). Draw power to the inverter like you normally would(from either your running lights, aux switch, etc.) Then tap into your blinker and run that to the coil connections of the relay(85 and 86).

When the blinker comes on it will energize the coil and open the NC contacts thereby turning the EL strip off.

Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To elaborate on what Fastcote said, I also would think you would want them to turn off when the brighter blinker comes on.

To do that, you would need a NC(normally closed) relay. You would put your EL strip light's positive line across the NC(normally closed) terminals(30 and 87a from link below). Draw power to the inverter like you normally would(from either your running lights, aux switch, etc.) Then tap into your blinker and run that to the coil connections of the relay(85 and 86).

When the blinker comes on it will energize the coil and open the NC contacts thereby turning the EL strip off.

Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays
Yep..That would be the correct way to do it..
Control the strip not the inverter..Great job guy's..
You could go ether way with the light using a relay..Have it always on and blink off or have it off and blink on....very cool.

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for your pics and steps, wiz.

I ordered my 2x EL kits. Could someone give more detail on the wiring if we want them to always be on? Maybe a wiring diagram please?
thanks alot.
Dan

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100_6309.jpg
I pulled power from the always on side of the light but if you want it to flash just grab your power from the blinking side..
[/QUOTE]

Where is this at? Are you talking the side marker light in which you would probably just remove the wheel well lining to get to? I've got the EL strips in place and wires run into the engine bay, just gotta figure out the wiring now.

appreciate it!

Also, nosbusa, I see what you are referring to but I guess I'm not savee enough with electrical wiring yet :(
Dan

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100_6309.jpg
I pulled power from the always on side of the light but if you want it to flash just grab your power from the blinking side..

Where is this at? Are you talking the side marker light in which you would probably just remove the wheel well lining to get to? I've got the EL strips in place and wires run into the engine bay, just gotta figure out the wiring now.

appreciate it!

Also, nosbusa, I see what you are referring to but I guess I'm not savee enough with electrical wiring yet :(
Dan[/QUOTE]
let me know what you need help with.