Serious question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naamanf

Reaction score
X2
I blurred my plate out the first couple times I posted pictures on the internet. But for the last 15 years or so I haven't bothered.
Hundreds of people see this everyday in the summer.
Picture063WinCE.jpg

So people only see that plate for five days?

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure locally on your streets you have no choice, it's the law. Police who are 'good' only use it on duty and you have minimal risk of personal invasion from those in your community.

The internet is a different beast. It reaches over 1 billion people, some who hate your lifestyle or could care less about your community. Who is to say there is no hack into registration databases or no unauthorized lookups. Plate obfuscation is just a small veil of deterenenc on your identy. However, there still are many more methods for those who are not deterred..

OP
OP
breal

breal

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm leaning towards not caring if my license plate is seen online. Seems like that would be the least of my worries with all the other identity theft scams going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My license plate is N21FR... Arizona plate. Stop by at 3am sometime... Keyword Arizona Plate.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994 makes it illegal for any non government agency to lookup registration information. That doesn't mean it can't be done.
I'm not worried.
MO plate RAPT6R
Look it up
Find my address
Show up uninvited
See how it end's for you

Of course, you may want to check out the Castle doctrine before doing this...