Securing a Rigid Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just installed my Rigid 20" Lower Grill kit I got from James at Alternative Offroad. Install was simple really. But now I'm concerned that someone could walk up with a 7/16 wrench and a wire cutter and make off with my $650 light bar. Are there any tricks to either prevent this, or make it more difficult?

The only thing I could think of was to use a second nut and tighten it down, like a Jam Nut. That way the thief would need two wrenches at a minimum. Other than that, I got nothing.

Has anyone done anything different? I know Netix almost had his 50" roof bar stolen around Christmas. They tried to hacksaw his off.

Thanks for any input,

Todd

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rigid makes a security nut that takes a special tool (they supply the tool) I had this same concern and found this security nut thing on their site and put it on my front 40" lightbar and it's still there a year later haha

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Here's the link to it and its cheap too!!

Security Nut Kit.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Pat's method is probably the best way to go but in the interest of presenting other options you could always put some jb weld on the nuts. That would prevent them from coming off easily. That's how I secured my hood mounted lights on my truck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pat's method is probably the best way to go but in the interest of presenting other options you could always put some jb weld on the nuts. That would prevent them from coming off easily. That's how I secured my hood mounted lights on my truck.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Pretty good idea... I may have to do that I was wondering the samething about hood mounted lights I mean mine are a pain to get off anyway but still can do it

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rigid makes a security nut that takes a special tool (they supply the tool) I had this same concern and found this security nut thing on their site and put it on my front 40" lightbar and it's still there a year later haha

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Here's the link to it and its cheap too!!

Security Nut Kit.

I should have a set of these coming in today for my Rigid spector lights

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool guys. Ill end up ordering some. I like the JB Weld for the hood lights. My concern with the hood lights is there is very little room for a wrench to get in there. Any idiot that will try to steal them is going to scratch the shit out of my hood.

Oh the pressure of having and awesome vehicle.

Oh Nick, can paste a link to your scepter lights you got?

Thanks everyone!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of the security nuts from Rigid they are a bit pricey but you get the tool as well. Some punk stole the emblem off my car, the emblem was cheap to replace but not the damage he did to the paint, gouges all the way down to the metal!
They actually hack-sawed all the way trough one bolt on Netix light bar and were loosening up the other-side when they were scared off. SOCOMech had a 40" Rigid stolen off his truck.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at least for me it was $20 for two bolts plus $25 shipping plus taxes and brokerage.
For those that already have the tool they should offer just the nuts separately.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool guys. Ill end up ordering some. I like the JB Weld for the hood lights. My concern with the hood lights is there is very little room for a wrench to get in there. Any idiot that will try to steal them is going to scratch the shit out of my hood.

Oh the pressure of having and awesome vehicle.

Oh Nick, can paste a link to your scepter lights you got?

Thanks everyone!

I didn't pay their full price, I ordered during the holiday & got a discount for ordering my bumper & fogs at the same time, plus the holiday discount on top of that lol. I have 2 of the 10" specters for my fogs for my aftermarket bumper. Part number 91061 driving white (5100 lumens each).