Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can we just get the dealer to reprogram the computer so all the LED running lights stay on or would they only be able to get the turn lights to stay on? Has anyone taken this approach?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can screw the wrong woman in 10 minutes too, and it can be a mistake that can change your life forever.

Yes, I know, it's a peculiar way to say that a dumb decision doesn't become less dumb because it doesn't take a lot of time. But I think you can get the point.

You don't like this mod, message received. For those who do like it, your opinion that it is dumb and a mistake is ridiculous. My post you chose to quote was to suggest the simplicity of this mod, which took 10 minutes with no modification to the wiring harness and should not require a trip to the dealer.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

So can we just get the dealer to reprogram the computer so all the LED running lights stay on or would they only be able to get the turn lights to stay on? Has anyone taken this approach?

There has been speculation about this, but I've seen no one post that the dealer did either of these through reprogramming.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arh1956 my truck is going into the dealer next week to get my parking/running lights working on the headlight switch. Already talked to my buddy who is the service advisor and he said he thinks it can be done. This is for my Harley F150 and he said that any lights that are hooked into the parking/running lights should work when they reprogram it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this run just the led lights or all of the park lights including tails and front amber blinkers?

This will keep all amber LED's and side markers on all the time. At night my headlights automatically will turn on and off.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mfrunlimited and nosb - Thanks for sharing. I always drive with my parking lights on during the day and then switch to auto after it gets dark. This mod, as simple and redundant as some may see it, will make my daily driving just that much simpler and I do recognize it's benefit.

... and I also don't think most dealership technicians are going to have the knowledge to be able to do the reprogram that some of you are speaking of and most of the techs that are capable probably won't do it anyways for legal reasons.

Last edited:

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got it back from the dealer. They don't understand what I meant and I was in a rush to get out of town so I didn't show them how I wanted the fogs to work. So its going back in next week to fix the mirror and they are going to do it then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc