RPG Offroad Harness Bar Kit and RPG Custom Raptor Four-Point MasterCraft Harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
But its OK to let people think or misinterpret that it is....

Pretty clear to me.

:)

Its pretty clear to me that Jarrett from SVC is thankful that he had a harness bar kit in his truck at TRR when he smashed into a Cattle Guard Pole.. Ask Him.. He was very thankful and knew that it saved his life... Ask the passenger Frank also.. When the Passengers side airbag went off he had his arms crossed in front of his face... Well, having been around the block for a few years, if you cross your arms in front of your face when the airbag goes off, you brake your arms and your face...

So take it for what it is.. Jarrett is still alive and Frank didnt brake his face.. Neither of which Submarined.. (Ususally caused by your lap belts being to loose)

D

Deleted member 12951

If the point is to keep yourself in the seat and be safe about it, then why not just get some of the CG Locks? I have three of them and I can tell you, it KEEPS you in the seat. I think once you try one and everyone that has, loves it. I will not off-road without it in place and to be honest I just leave it on for my daily driving, just don't lock it down tight.

CG-Lock Off Road/4x4 Driving

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the point is to keep yourself in the seat and be safe about it, then why not just get some of the CG Locks? I have three of them and I can tell you, it KEEPS you in the seat. I think once you try one and everyone that has, loves it. I will not off-road without it in place and to be honest I just leave it on for my daily driving, just don't lock it down tight.

CG-Lock Off Road/4x4 Driving
What are these cg locks you talk about. Do you have a pic to share, I've never heard of this, nor know what it does. Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 12951

What are these cg locks you talk about. Do you have a pic to share, I've never heard of this, nor know what it does. Thanks :)

It basically locks the bottom part of the seat belt in place so your butt does not move but still gives your upper body full movement. Even they have a disclaimer that it is not a safety device but it really keeps you in the seat.

Video: http://www.cg-lock.com/multimedia/televised/TT1.wmv

Ask @sandtrooper29 too, he bought the fourth one that I had at one time.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they are great. I ran them at raptoberfest for the first time. And really put then to work at raptor x and it was awesome how well they work. Let me know if you are interested. I liked them so much I bought 6 of them to give out to dad and business partners for Christmas and also become a dealer for them.

It basically locks the bottom part of the seat belt in place so your butt does not move but still gives your upper body full movement. Even they have a disclaimer that it is not a safety device but it really keeps you in the seat.

Video: http://www.cg-lock.com/multimedia/televised/TT1.wmv

Ask @sandtrooper29 too, he bought the fourth one that I had at one time.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As being the only driver who has actually been in an accident with a similar device in question, I will not confirm or deny any claims made by any RPG employee or affiliate as to my current personal opinion on the topic.

The only thing I am comfortable saying is the safety cage (as it was referred to) that was in my truck at the time of the accident was a 2 inch .120 wall chromoly tube safety cage that was designed and built by one of the top off-road chassis builders in off-road racing, Jamie Campbell and his staff of Raceco-USA. Since time has passed Jamie Campbell refuses to build another one again that is not 100% weld in with airbags fully removed because of serious safety concerns about how the airbags would react in a side impact collision or roll-over, neither of which applies to my accident.

Do to the fact my cage was designed and fabricated by Raceco-USA who only uses 4130 chromoly material from sources right here in CA, and the fact my accident doesn’t fit the criteria of how the safety cage (or harness bar as the title states) would react in a roll-over or side impact during daily driving when harness’s aren’t in use, and helmets are not being worn, I am not qualified to validate claims made by other people on my behalf.

I will say under no circumstances will SVC be developing a Bolt in Roll Cage, Harness Bar or Safety cage in our product line, thus leaving us with zero dog in this fight.

Jarrett