RPG 3.0 rear bypass question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but on the RPG site when you go to purchase 3.0 rears there is a size option. You can either choose 3.0x16 or 3.0x18. What is the difference between the 2? Which fits the Raptor? Any information is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but on the RPG site when you go to purchase 3.0 rears there is a size option. You can either choose 3.0x16 or 3.0x18. What is the difference between the 2? Which fits the Raptor? Any information is welcome.

Neither of those will fit the Raptor without bed cage.

They should have another option for the Factory Raptor 3.0

OP
OP
SVTRaptorNY

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look under their stage 4 suspension.

So they only sell them as part of the kit? I guess I need all the other upgrades also anyway. Was trying to only replace my failing stock shows but I may as well just bite the bullet and get it all.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So they only sell them as part of the kit? I guess I need all the other upgrades also anyway. Was trying to only replace my failing stock shows but I may as well just bite the bullet and get it all.

You can buy just the 3.0's. You don't have to buy everything else, but don't let me talk you out of modding your truck.

New rear springs will eliminate axle hop and handle off-roading better.

A bump stop kit will protect your frame for any big hits.

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
SVTRaptorNY

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's all stuff I definitely need and want. The main catalyst is both my front shocks are leaking badly. The off-road feeling has changed dramatically.

Now I don't want to go back to stock shocks I would rather use this opportunity to upgrade. So I'm basically trying to figure out the most important things to replace first. I have about 10k to spend so I figured since the shocks are leaking I may as well start with that.

That being said I was always told not to put 3.0 coil overs in before upgrading the rears. Is this true?

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The common opinion around here is that the front suspension is a couple steps ahead of the rear. So Id personally start with the rear

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes we sell just the shocks.

To answer your question yes the rear is a little slower than the front but that's an easy fix. With your budget you can easily upgrade the entire suspension. I would recommend the stage 4+ that's our bump stop kit leaf springs and fox 3.0's on both front and rear. This will run you about $7,300 plus shipping and also tie rods would be a really good thing to upgrade as well and if you have about $1,100 left you could always upgrade your UCA's to our raceline UCA's that get rid of the crappy rubber bushings that restrict the full movement of the suspension. If you have any questions you can call or email us with any questions.

Stage 4 link in the options box you'll see the option for the 4+ kit
http://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/stage-4-rear-suspension-kit/

Phone: 866.691.7750
Email: [email protected]. Or email [email protected]