ROUSH Cat Back - Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mb12canuck

Reaction score
Terrible drone

I have had the Roush exhaust and intake system on for three months. It has the worst drone of any vehicle I have owned. I have removed the cold intake to reduce some of the engine drone, but the exhaust drone is still terrible...wife won't even ride in it on highway trips.

KEEP your factory resonator or have one installed! Like a dumb a$$ I had Ford discard my factory exhaust system.

Let me know if someone else has an inexpesive fix.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Roush exhaust and do not like their exit location and some of you said they have side exit now but exits where in front of tire or behind?

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I found it on their website. Not sure about the other guy with the drone but I listened to every Raptor exhaust on youtube and the Roush had the best sound that wasn't annoying like a couple are. When you are getting up to speed I don't want to hear crackle snap pop like the one many people like. I guess everyone's hearing is different but when I see a Mustang or Camaro go by and exhaust is so loud I just shake my head and say it has to be loud inside the car

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I found it on their website. Not sure about the other guy with the drone but I listened to every Raptor exhaust on youtube and the Roush had the best sound that wasn't annoying like a couple are. When you are getting up to speed I don't want to hear crackle snap pop like the one many people like. I guess everyone's hearing is different but when I see a Mustang or Camaro go by and exhaust is so loud I just shake my head and say it has to be loud inside the car

Go for it! Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to the Roush exhaust but quite frankly it brings the sound of what you would expect from a truck like this. Deep pissed off sound and I love it [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also SC and have been running it with the resonator installed and have had no drone. last week i decided i wanted it louder so i took the resonator of and it did increase the volume but i still dont have any drone (i did also add sound deadening insulation to my cab). I recommend you leave the resonator on and then after a while get it removed and base your decision on what you hear or like.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Roush exhaust and intake system on for three months. It has the worst drone of any vehicle I have owned. I have removed the cold intake to reduce some of the engine drone, but the exhaust drone is still terrible...wife won't even ride in it on highway trips.

KEEP your factory resonator or have one installed! Like a dumb a$$ I had Ford discard my factory exhaust system.

Let me know if someone else has an inexpesive fix.
Vibrant resonators seem to get good reviews. Pick one up from Amazon then have a local exhaust shop fab it up either using your existing midpipe off the Roush or fab a whole new pipe same length but with the resonator.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drone is so subjective, but I think the majority will say w/o the resonator there is some drone introduced with the roush (still nowhere as bad as the borla type 's' system on my gcsrt8 though). my experience was w/o resonator the drone was a touch much, and 2 weeks later I welded the factory resonator back in and I have been very happy with the system now for almost 3 years (I have the intake also). as others mentioned, id start with the resonator left on, and go from there.