ROUSH Cat Back - Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SuperMarioSVT

Reaction score
Have it on my truck and the drone isn't that bad as people are saying. Being that my truck is a 2010 I don't have the resonator like the newer models and I was worried that I was going to have a bad drone and I haven't experienced any problems. As far as using Bluetooth at speeds greater than 60mph I've never had any issues. Cold starts are definitely poppy in cold weather but once the truck warms up it quiets down at idle. I have a lot of raptors in my city and pulling up to another one in traffic is a daily occurrence and most of them are stock as far as exhaust and you can definitely tell who's running the aftermarket pipes no question with that. If you want that deep sporty exhaust note I would go with the Roush. I am a mustang/Shelby guy so I'm used to louder vehicles and the Roush won't disappoint in that department I can guarantee. Another thing is do you have a preference in where your tips are located? You will have two shotgun style pipes exiting on the right side of the rear bumper. Some people don't dig it and some do and at first when I saw pictures on the web I didn't like it, but once I installed them I actually thought it was quite nice. Corsa you can't go wrong with either and had them on multiple vettes and my experience with their exhaust systems has always been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying that 2010 didn't have a resonator in the factory exhaust? So you don't have any resonator with the Roush system? My 2014 has a resonator in the stock system correct? Does that get removed with the Roush system?

Aaron is spot on. I honestly think the Roush is a great system. I have used my Bluetooth before and no one ever says they cannot hear me.

Good to hear, Thanks!

I have the Roush exhaust and Roush supercharger and the drone isn't bad at all... And Roush does make a stock exit now as well as the double barrel out the back to one side .. It is loud though but does settle down once cruising .

Thanks for your input! Yeah, the next step would be choosing with tip style I want...lol

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To resonate or not to resonate...that is the question!

I say install the system you want (Roush/Borla/Corsa) with the resonator still in and see how you like it. Play it safe. You can always take the resonator out very easily with either a Corsa resonator delete pipe ($200) or can have a muffler shop just cut the resonator out and replace it with straight pipe ($20).

Also, I vote for side exit tips (like the stock location). Or actually I like the no tip at all look. Keeps clearance for off-roading and prevents me from getting pissed off everytime my tip has caked on mud and looks like a big pile of dirt.

Good luck with your decision. Have fun with it!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is my experience. I have a 2014 Roush SC that I bought new from the dealer and a 2013 that I put a Stainless Works Lightning exit cat back system on a little over a month ago. The Roush does sound great but there is some drone when I'm cruising on the highway. I don't think it's as bad as I hear people say but I could see it get annoying on long trips and the rear exist isn't my favorite but unfortunately I can't change it due to Roush's warranty. My 2013 is my daily driver that I use for work and I love the sound of the Stainless Works exaust. There is no drone at all and I have the resonator removed. Plus I really like the lighting exit. Hope this helps.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exhaust and started with no resonator...sounded good, but did drone some..still nothing like the drone I had with my Borla type S on my old GC Srt8, but was enough to make me reinstall the resonator....plenty loud still but a little more subdued.

Tyrelwcf

Reaction score
I have the roush with the side exit on my truck. It looks and sounds great! It does a little bit of drone but nothing to worry about.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Roush Kit before I settled on the MBRP turndown System. The thing that sort of turned me off of the Roush kit was it seemed to have been made for multiple engines and wasn't specifically tuned for the 6.2 Raptor. I may be wrong on that but that was my impression... Plus a couple of former owners have complained that it started rusting out....Those are just my thoughts!

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked at the Roush Kit before I settled on the MBRP turndown System. The thing that sort of turned me off of the Roush kit was it seemed to have been made for multiple engines and wasn't specifically tuned for the 6.4 Raptor. I may be wrong on that but that was my impression... Plus a couple of former owners have complained that it started rusting out....Those are just my thoughts!

Eh em 6.2