Roll Coal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it just depends what type of person is building the "like modeled" raptor. i have seen ones that look like shit, and ive also seen ones that make me question my raptor purchase over a newer nicer f150 and just modify.

I don't disagree entirely, but every time I see a clone, I think...wby didn't you buy the real thing?

I actually think the Raptor is a bargain. Mine is a base 800A Crew. The sticker was $56k and change; if you could avoid the markup this is great value. Pickups aren't cheap! I guess an 800A is kind of like an XLT model. I just did a build and price on a 2018 F-150 XLT crew cab 4x4, with the 301A package and 3.5L EcoBoost. This is as close to the base Raptor as I could spec. I added only options that either my truck has or would be standard on the Raptor. In the end, the F-150 price was $50k. That means for an additional $6k dollars you get the wide bodywork, extra marker lights, special grille, 35" KO2 tires, 4.10 axles, reinforced frame, long-travel Fox suspension, beadlock *forged* rims, matching spare tire and rim, nicer steering wheel, unique transfer case, full skid plating, LED headlights and tail lights, turn signals, etc, 6 drive modes, rear recovery hooks, much nicer running boards, probably more I'm forgetting...plus of course the High Output 3.5L EB with 450HP and the true dual exhaust system. I think that is great value.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

i think we all should know that about 90% of the Raptors ever built haven't seen any off road at all.. many people buy them for status symbols, and daily drivers.. many wont even put anything in the bed..

I bought my 12 with 70k on it, and underneath the truck was spotless.. i dont think it was ever on a gravel road even. I did the muddy ass phoenix open in 16, and everytime i look under there, i regret that event.. lol

some will want 22's for whatever reason, i dont understand..

others will treat them like 6000lb UTVs, 3 times a year, others more often..

different strokes for different folks..

Despite the awesome looks playing a big part in my purchase decision, I use my Raptor both for off-road and for work and for a daily driver. I think I use my Raptor to pretty much its fullest.

Despite it being brand-new (well, about 40 days old now) I have been off-road with it on trails three times and been on fire roads 5 times. It has been covered with mud and washed clean. I also tow frequently with it...as much as 11,500 lbs using a carefully balanced load and a W/D hitch. But usually I'm towing a nearly 8k enclosed trailer. The bed is being used like a work truck. It has 4x4 treated wood posts I use for blocks, a couple of 5 gallon diesel cans, a 5 gallon gas can, 3 different 20' ratchet straps, 2 different 30' grade 70 transport chains, couple of funnels, miscellaneous tools, etc. Diesel has spilled out of one container into the bed and down the bumper. But I keep the exterior clean and the cab interior spotless. In one week, I'll be all done with my side business which gets everything so dirty, and the only thing I'll be towing is my snowmobile trailer once we get snow.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think we all should know that about 90% of the Raptors ever built haven't seen any off road at all.. many people buy them for status symbols, and daily drivers.. many wont even put anything in the bed..

I bought my 12 with 70k on it, and underneath the truck was spotless.. i dont think it was ever on a gravel road even. I did the muddy ass phoenix open in 16, and everytime i look under there, i regret that event.. lol

some will want 22's for whatever reason, i dont understand..

others will treat them like 6000lb UTVs, 3 times a year, others more often..

different strokes for different folks..

I hear you and agree, but it still makes me quite sad. There's 8 Raptors at work (including mine) and I'm the only one that will ever see anything more than a dirt road. There's so many people that would love to off-road a raptor, and won't even get behind the wheel....

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m okay with people not wheeling their raptors. There would be way too much traffic on the trails. And if only off roaders bought raptors, ford wouldn’t sell enough to justify it. So thank your local mall crawlers for keeping the trails clear and for giving us the raptor.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one thing that the aftermarket doesn’t address well... and specifically for the 17+ with the rear exit exhaust. I imagine that a season of rock crawling will mangle those rear tips.

Yeah, I used to make fun of the Chevy diesels with the rear exhaust always getting mangled in snow.

This rear exhaust thing looks good but should be left for the sports cars!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

a lot of people like vehicles for purely looks. there is nothing wrong with that.

what i find funny is the people buying the raptor for looks. lol cudda bought a 15 and added glass and giant wheels and tires for 30k less.

To be fair, guys buying the Raptor thinking they have a hardcore Baja runner is quite ridiculous as well. Put me in a purpose built Score car any day. Then I’ll drive my Raptor home at the end of the day and appreciate it for what it is.

DFISH56

Reaction score
Raptors ARE the best looking trucks out there.
if you have the means to acquire one, do with it what you will. I love the looks of 20” wheels but Since I use it like a UTV, 18” is the biggest I’d go.

Anyone else have these D-Bags rolling coal on your Raptor? I’ve been dumped on a lot!! But if you are gonna dump on me, my gas powered truck is gonna make your diesel look like a slow POS bc I’m gonna blow by you at 110.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A large bee or weed whacker just passed me at 110, wtf?