Rock Light Mounting Locations and other details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how much for a setup like the one you're running noah?

how many lights are you looking to add? the wheel area is a 24v led strip with a step up converter. and the underside lights are the same as i use for the hood and bed. both are expensive. they are the brightest i could find as well as 180 degree pattern.

Can you (Noah) get a pic of the actual lights to see the mounting locations? That setup looks awesome!

it will be a couple days. i had to make a sudden trip to portland oregon. i just arrived at my hotel room. when i get back to the shop i may be able to be bribed into taking a couple pics.

OP
OP
C

caisaacson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the strip lights are more than I'm willing to deal with.

I did some research on the tantrums and other rock lights. Although I'm not positive on mounting locations yet I am sure about two things.

1. There are several different mounting options for rock light but the most practical route seems to be to epoxy small neodymium to the lights and attach them where needed. Several people are using this method on other forums and there seem to be several benefits beyond the obvious fact that you don't have to drill, glue, or screw anything. One of the coolest things guys are doing is leaving extra wire so that they can remove the lights and use them as work lights.

2. After reading through multiple threads and pondering raptor reality I decided that I do not need the fancy dancing lights. Consequently I have chose to eliminate the control module altogether. The strobe and chase features are cool for 10 minutes but I'm a grown ass man that will never and should never use dancing lights in a public setting. So what does a grown ass man do to give his bad ass raptor a grown man feel? He installs a couple relays so that his rock lights come on with the dome light and by switch.

I plan on starting and finishing the install this weekend. I will take some pics and do a write up as time permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no good reason to run 24v lights. You can get 12v that are just as bright.
I have seen plenty of light options I just need to find time to crawl under the truck and see what my mounting location options so I can pick the ones that will fit best (both in terms of light spread/output and mounting) then also have to plan the wiring runs.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the strip lights are more than I'm willing to deal with.

I did some research on the tantrums and other rock lights. Although I'm not positive on mounting locations yet I am sure about two things.

1. There are several different mounting options for rock light but the most practical route seems to be to epoxy small neodymium to the lights and attach them where needed. Several people are using this method on other forums and there seem to be several benefits beyond the obvious fact that you don't have to drill, glue, or screw anything. One of the coolest things guys are doing is leaving extra wire so that they can remove the lights and use them as work lights.

2. After reading through multiple threads and pondering raptor reality I decided that I do not need the fancy dancing lights. Consequently I have chose to eliminate the control module altogether. The strobe and chase features are cool for 10 minutes but I'm a grown ass man that will never and should never use dancing lights in a public setting. So what does a grown ass man do to give his bad ass raptor a grown man feel? He installs a couple relays so that his rock lights come on with the dome light and by switch.

I plan on starting and finishing the install this weekend. I will take some pics and do a write up as time permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think the magnets will hold up to our kind of driving.

There is no good reason to run 24v lights. You can get 12v that are just as bright.
I have seen plenty of light options I just need to find time to crawl under the truck and see what my mounting location options so I can pick the ones that will fit best (both in terms of light spread/output and mounting) then also have to plan the wiring runs.

the brightest 12v led strip i have found is 380 lumens per foot. the 24v strip i have is 475 lumens per foot.