Rigid Adapt on a Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been doing quite a lot of searching and cant seem to come to a solid conclusion on this light bar so im here to ask for some advice and pictures if possible.

The ADAPT bar has been around for some time but ive seen a VERY limited amount of folks running one on their Raptors and im wondering why? Ive seen one 30" on the SVC build for Ken Block and the other appears to be a custom job from SEMA where they cut into the grille.

My plan is to purchase the ADD Pro Bolt On Bumper and then put a 20" Rigid Adapt lightbar in the opening. Ive heard mixed answers from different people on whether or not this light will even fit in that opening. If it does indeed fit, is there a particular reason so few people are running this light? Any reviews on the light itself or positive/negative confirmation of fitment would be a huge help.

Ideally id like it wired up to where one Aux switch 3/4 or 5/6 controls the backlight power and the other Aux switch 1 or 2 (outfitted with a larger realy) controls the main bar itself.

As of right now it looks like Stage 3 MS and Amazon have the best price points on these items but if someone else knows of a reputable place to purchase these products id be interested, pending the answers given here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Price is probably one reason, it's expensive. The other is that it requires additional modules to REALLY function properly. We've sold a few of them here (http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-light-bars/rigid-led-light-bars/adapt/)

The other thing is, it's not curved. And that's really the big issue on the F150s and the bumper locations. You want a curved bar on the front, and these are straight bars. So you need to run them up top in a roof rack or on roof mounts.

Now, that's for the larger bars. When you do a smaller bar, you can do straight, like a 30". But people really want to benefit from the 50" size on these things. Otherwise as you get smaller you lose a lot of the great functionality of the bar.

Now the big thing, will it fit? Not quite sure. I've not seen anybody run one yet and I believe the ADAPT is a bit taller, due to the lens structure.

Let me know if you want to chat about bumper pricing and light bar pricing. We're an ADD and Rigid Dealer

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Eco-BEAST 28

There's a lot of great light bars out there. You're right though, not a ton of the Rigid Adapt. We'd be happy to not only match, but beat whatever prices you're seeing out there.

Here's a few of SVC / Ken Block's builds with the Rigid Adapt bars.

WeljcxN.jpg

wH8Iz6z.jpg

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want to chat about bumper pricing and light bar pricing. We're an ADD and Rigid Dealer

Well this caught my attention! I have been looking at ADD bumpers. Not ready to buy yet. But, in the future. I would like to replace my IronBull bumper. My question to you is, what type of discount is offered or do you sell ADD bumpers at the price advertised on their site. Thanks :)

To the OP, I don’t think the Rigid Adapt is very popular due too the high price point. But more importantly, the light seems gimmicky. I think Rigid has done a poor job of educating the consumer on that particular light. People are opting for the lower price/ higher output Rigid E series or BD ONX+. My opinion.

Aaaaaand, if you can hold out, BD has the best Black Friday promotions with forum vendors for the last few years running. Very lucrative buying time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You'll need to PM me to discuss special pricing :) I don't want my ADD rep yelling at me lol

We do package deals though. So if you're looking to get the bumper + lighting setup we can put together a sweet deal for ya.

I LOVE the OnX6 Dual Control. For my money, that's where it's at. I ran a Dual Control 40" on my old demo truck and it was the best light bar I ever bought (not that my dual 50" OnX6 bars were not awesome, but the dual control bar was great).

Not that this is a Raptor, but here is that Dual Control 40" on the ADD Honeybadger on the ole Coyote beast:

upload_2020-5-8_21-15-42.png

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update for anyone else looking at the ADD Pro Bolt On / Rigid ADAPT set up. Its been confirmed by the mfg that the 20" Adapt will NOT fit in the opening of the Pro Bolt On. I hope this helps someone in the future as ive been told by multiple individuals that it will fit no problem.

Chris at @FordRaptorLights.com / @offroadalliance went WELL above and beyond by getting me solid answers in a very short amount of time. He also was extremely responsive when it came to all the other questions I had. Its been a long time since I've found a vendor who is willing to expend so much effort just to save me time, and an astounding amount of money, on these parts. I'd highly recommend you contact Chris before you pull the trigger on any parts. I was shocked by the discounts he got me and the length he was willing to go to get them. I cant wait to go back and order more!!

This is the bumper/light configuration I ended up deciding on...

ADD Pro Bolt On
BajaMod ACC Bracket
20" Rigid SR-L w/ Amber Backlight
Should look just like this but in Leadfoot….

rigid_sr-l_series_amber_raptor_21.2_web.jpg

SamIAm

Reaction score
I have the 40 inch adapt light Bar on my raptor, I bought it originally to put on the bumper and was going to do a 50 on the roof, but being a straight bar, it stuck out a lot on the bumper and would of looked tacky, so I ended up using it in a roof rack and out the rigid pro curved light bar on the bumper! Not the original look I was going for, but I’m happy with it.

CC41B82C-5A60-43D9-9CFC-730722F29BB8.jpeg

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40" adapt. I got a great deal on it. Less then what dealers have the 30" listed for..

sketch-1592714141636~01.png