GEN 2 Rigid 40 inch light bar and side LED’s in ADD front bumper.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking set-up ( I have the same), now be prepared for the maintenance!! ADD (for some reason?) designed the front bumper skid plate NOT TO BE REMOVED so now when you need an oil change you will have to go from above. They say it's simple: however this is NOT the case. In order to do it correctly & not make an oily mess you'll need to remove the cold air intake to reach your arm down to the filter, then use the overflow tray under the wheel well to catch excess oil. Your dealership DOES NOT want to do this & WILL charge you $60/extra. I've been looking into a different bolting method for the skid plate that can be removed for ease.

View attachment 137938

I had same issue, posted this in a different thread but I bought 5/16"-18 U-nuts from Lowes, Hillman 0823671640

For the outermost screw on either side, I had to drill the hole out bigger, cut the U-nut in half. It is purely cosmetic now. All the other holes I was able to use the U-nut.

I can now easily remove the skid plate to access the filter for my oil changes

-mayo