GEN 2 'Rig' walkaround - lighting, storage, Aux battery, comms, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my 2019 802A w tech as a daily and for extended camping trips in remote areas.

Anything I've done to the truck (so far) had to meet the following criteria:
field serviceable (in remote areas)
reliable/safe
functional
not degrade the value of the truck
upgradeable - as tech and needs change

I added an auxiliary battery, BCDC charger, some storage solutions, tonneau and rack, additional outlets via fuse panel, land mobile radio (powered by aux battery for monitoring in camp), solar inputs/compressor terminals in bed, driving/reverse and side flood lights, dash solar trickle charger input for main or aux battery, dashcam (powered by aux battery in parking mode), and a few other things.

I haven't touched suspension, engine, bumpers, wheels or tires yet. I'll need to upgrade suspension at some point as I run 400-500 lbs total in the bed on some trips - rooftop tent, elec fridge cooler, tonneau, rack, recovery and camping gear, aux battery, etc.

I most often use the truck as a daily, so am just running the battery, rack and tonneau (200 lbs) plus misc.

There are two vids - one a complete walkaround. The second, just a focus on the electrical (since I've been asked to tackle that topic many times). So if you were going to watch one, the general would probably make sense. I peppered in a few trip pics too. New to being on camera and editing vids.

General:

Elec:

I plan to do a recovery gear, camping gear/setup, and Raptor review vid in the future. I might publish some trip videos from time to time.

If you have any specific questions on the 'build', feel free. Happy to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter