Review of the Magnaflow #15588 cat-back exhaust kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the Magnaflow web site it only mentions that their cat-backs are made of stainless steel.
There was no mention of whether it was 304ss or 409ss.

409ss is not as costly as 304ss. That leads me to think that their systems are made from 409ss. (unless someone states otherwise)

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MagnaFlow vs. Borla. I am still on the fence having such great experience with Borla.

I would be interested in how each holds up to the stress some of us put these trucks under? :Jedi:

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent review David,

You have sold me on it I will get one in the near future and take you up on your offer for the Installation help

OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent review David,

You have sold me on it I will get one in the near future and take you up on your offer for the Installation help
Yep... bring it over and we'll get it swapped out with plenty of time left over for beer and grilling. :D

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have magna flow on my Jeep and have had it on my GT500. I love the look and sound. My only complaint is that the rear hanger/clamp on the Jeep rusted FAST. Less than a year and currently is being supported by a scientific method of coat hanger bending.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have magna flow on my Jeep and have had it on my GT500. I love the look and sound. My only complaint is that the rear hanger/clamp on the Jeep rusted FAST. Less than a year and currently is being supported by a scientific method of coat hanger bending.

That's f'ing hilarious! :Jedi:

OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm hopeful that this won't happen to my Magnaflow kit but if it does, I'll go for the Borla kit next time. I've had numerous cars with Magnaflow exhaust and none of them have rusted before.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great review, questions got answered, ready for the magna flow full kit with headers for my raptor, hopefully by November. Thanks

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice writeup; but I hate you at the same time.

I wanted double-wall tips soooo bad. My Maggie has the slash cut setup and I hate them because the exhaust tubing can be seen up in the tip. Bah. Maybe I can get just the tail section from them...

I've owned Borla systems for my 04 Cobra and GT500; I didn't like any of them really. The Stingers were nice on the 04, but all their newer systems are just disappointing. No way I'd pay 800+ for the Borla name.

As far as that last hanger rod being too long... yep, my kit was the same way. I didn't take the time to trim it, but I unbolted the hanger bracket from the framerail, placed it onto the rod, then put it all back into place at one time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as that last hanger rod being too long... yep, my kit was the same way. I didn't take the time to trim it, but I unbolted the hanger bracket from the framerail, placed it onto the rod, then put it all back into place at one time.

Oh, I did it that way as well. It would be silly to try to get that bayonet through the hanger with the hanger bolted to the truck. I still had to grind it down.