Reno to Glamis April 14-18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fronty

Reaction score
Just want to invite anyone who is open to a epic trip, e-mail me for info, I don't check this site much. Yes you need a race radio and dust light, safety issue. I am driving a long travel ranger, just offering the trip to you guys.

Dezert Trip 14, Reno to Glamis to Barstow, April 14th to 18th 2014
Planning the next EPIC desert trip, this year going from Reno, NV to Glamis, back up to Barstow, CA. Trip will be 4 days of trails, one day is Glamis, and will leave Reno at 9:00am on April 14th, 2014. This is the plan so far, and I have the routes mapped out on google earth.

Dezert 14 Trip, 850miles of dirt
Day 1, 231 miles all dirt, 90% V2R race course, starting just outside of Dayton, NV.
o Como, NV ghost town, Churchill Canyon,
o Fort Churchill, Rawhide Mine
o Arrive in Tonopah, NV
Day 2, 305 miles, 220 miles of dirt, V2R race course to Beatty, NV, starting from Hawthorne
o Gold Point Ghost town, Bonnie Claire Mine
o Rhyolight Ghost town, Titus Canyon
o Death Valley
o Arrive Baker, CA
Day 3, 270 miles, 210miles of dirt, starting form Baker, CA
o Soda Dry Lake (Mojave Rd), Broadwell Dry Lake
o Road section of Route 66, Joshua Tree National Park
o Bradshaw trail
o Arrive Brawley, CA
Day 4, GLAMIS, spend a day in Glamis Dunes!
o Arrive back in Brawley, CA
Day 5, 240 miles, 150 miles of dirt, starting in Brawley
o Bradshaw trail, Red Canyon, Berdoo Canyon
o Joshua Tree NP, Desert Queen Mine, Wall St Mill
o Keys Ranch, Soggy Dry Lake/rock pile (Johnson Valley)
o Rodman Petroglyphs
o Arrive Barstow

LODGING and Food; My wife and daughter are going, so each day ends in a town with hotels and places to eat. Camping is always close, and up to each person to set up. Lunches will be on the trail, day 2 we will stop in Beatty, NV for lunch and gas.

Gas; Only day 2 has a fuel stop, all other days you need to carry enough to make it.

Vehicles; We are putting down some big miles, so a mildly built rig that has proven miles and a driver that can keep a good pace is needed. Comms will be race radio, and if you don't know what tools and spares you need for a trip this long, don't go. We will be doing some road, and going into a national park, so a street legal and registered truck is needed. Please have a working dust light, and full size off road spare tire! With the miles we are doing, some days may end up in darkness, so a good set of lights is a must. I know that anyones truck can have issues, just asking that you do a good prerun and prep so trip goes as smooth as possible.

Maps; E-mail me at [email protected] for google earth maps. I think some of the V2R race course goes over private land, if anyone knows if we need to bypass those let me know. I am also looking for somebody who knows the 29 Palms area to check my maps. I don't know that area, and mapped it all on google earth, I would be open to input on all the routes to make the trip better. Most of the days also have roads that we can bypass if we have issues, or get behind for some reason.

People; This is a family friendly trip, I want everyone to have a good time. Just be respectful of others, and if you can't go without drugs, being **** drunk, or making sure everyone hears your subs each time we stop, stay home. Start times will be 9am on day 1, and 8am every other day, don't be late we have alot of miles to cover. We will take pics and vids, but not every 30 minutes. If you want to take side trips, or do your own thing, just let me know so the group can keep moving. Not trying to be a ****, just want the trip to be fun for all.

Any of the so-cal people are welcome to just run the Baker to Barstow loop, 3 days if it works better. Here is a link to last years trip from Ridgecrest to Vegas for the Mint 400.
Mint 13 Trip Pics

E-mail me if you have questions, or need more info about the trip. Troy at [email protected]

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, Noah. Because so many guys from the west coast are heading to TRR.

This sounds a like an epic trip as the OP described.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a really good run. We have talked about it for a couple if years. My understanding is that it can't be done because of all the private land that had to be crossed. That being said, if you have it figured out I know if a few that might be interested.

OP
OP
F

Fronty

Reaction score
I have mapped it out, but unsure of the private land sections. May have to bypass some areas, maybe end up on the road more than I want, but part of the adventure. Send me a e-mail at [email protected], if you want the google earth files to look at.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I am in for this. I'll meet up with the group somewhere along the run (I'm in SoCal).

Emailing.

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a great trip! Too bad I'll be in Baja. Done Yuma to Walker before, but I crossed over and went up through the Owens valley. Doesn't look like it would be to much trouble to go from Walker to Reno.