Remus exhaust causing too much cabin noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Stryjak

Reaction score
Hey everyone- I just bought my first raptor. It’s a 2018. I bought a Remus 3 pipe side exhaust. It’s sounds great, but causing WAY TOO MUCH cabin noise. Especially at low rpm cruising. I live in the PHILADELPHIA area. I’m really hoping someone can recommend a way to reduce cabin noise and direct me to a good speed shop. I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Much thanks! - Josh

95EBA6CF-ED84-4973-AAF6-468E1126790C.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need a good exhaust shop - You will likely need to add some sort of resonator to reduce the drone - magnaflow make pretty good ones but there are many configurations depending on size/fit etc.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that system, I'm gonna bet that's nothing but a knockoff / re-stamped with their logo, OE Resonator, not even a muffler. So that's why it's so loud.

Look into the Vibrant Resonators. Throw 2 on, 1 on each outlet of the front "muffler" and it should quiet it down "some".

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dam!!! Those look sick as hell on that black truck. Well done.

Exhaust drone is exactly why i have never pulled the trigger on any of my cars for a new exhaust.

OP
OP
J

Josh Stryjak

Reaction score
Thanks- I’m pretty sure it’s legit. I bought it direct from Remus. I’m taking it it a speed shop today. Thank you - hopefully they can install a vibrant resignator!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Resonator or one of those heavy rubber sound insulators I forget the precise name but there are ways to isolate & eliminate most exhaust drone if you really want to- but placement is huge 2” north or south makes all the difference

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone- I just bought my first raptor. It’s a 2018. I bought a Remus 3 pipe side exhaust. It’s sounds great, but causing WAY TOO MUCH cabin noise. Especially at low rpm cruising. I live in the PHILADELPHIA area. I’m really hoping someone can recommend a way to reduce cabin noise and direct me to a good speed shop. I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Much thanks! - Josh

View attachment 135093

The 3-pipe side exhausts looks pretty cool. Do you have a sound clip? Preferably before you get it fixed. :cool:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I loved the stainless works lightning exit exhaust on my gen1. This Remus exhaust appears to be the best side exit option for the gen2, I wish it only had 2 exits and not 3.