Red Line 2nd gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today some dic-k wouldn't was blocking me from merging to the freeway on ramp (thats the short of the story). I was in sport mode and was at a stop sign and floored it. It hit the red line in 1st or 2nd (can't remember) and the basically I lost all engine power/throttle and then it came back after letting off. I feel like it was a rev limited?

Anyway this is the second time this has happened to me and it's annoying that sport mode didn't shift and basically my truck took a s-hit in the middle of trying to pass someone.

Does anyone else experience this or has experienced it?

tlrmade

Reaction score
Yes mine has done it a few times lately. Talked to someone and he said need to have transmission fluid drained and changed, could possibly be the solenoids not releasing? Does this sound right?

This only happens under full throttle.

Getting mine changed this week.

OP
OP
Corpsefed

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes mine has done it a few times lately. Talked to someone and he said need to have transmission fluid drained and changed, could possibly be the solenoids not releasing? Does this sound right?

This only happens under full throttle.

Getting mine changed this week.
Interested to know if that fixes the problem.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it sounds like traction/stability control nannifying you. How are your tires?

I’ve -never- in 5 years had a redline / no shift condition.... without being in manual mode.

I have had TC/SC cut the fun on me a few times. 4a will help prevent some of this, in my experience, about 80% of the time. I have had a few instances turning and gassing too early where the back end would come out but the fronts kept pulling me. Once I did it in the rain and about the 2nd wheel correction or just after, the truck cut power just like in Raptor Assault.

The thing is, the strategy isn’t instant, especially in sport mode. If it detects enough spin or off center motion it starts intervening and since we’re usually caning it to elicit this response, our perception of time is skewed.

I’ve been able to do some pretty impressive slides in sport / 4a.

OP
OP
Corpsefed

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck/tirs have about 11k miles. Yeah I think I caught the traction control light in my peripheral vision. It's crazy because I don't feel or hear the tires really breaking traction.

Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My truck/tirs have about 11k miles. Yeah I think I caught the traction control light in my peripheral vision. It's crazy because I don't feel or hear the tires really breaking traction.

Thanks!

In 2 hi, it’s very easy to bust traction control limits. The truck has over 500 foot pounds of torque, pushing almost 6k pounds and the tires are essentially an all season plus truck tire. All you need to do is hit some dirt, sand or road debris, a dark spot from an oil or other fluid spill, or simply some uneven pavement.

Like I mentioned before, 4a will ‘pull’ you out of a lot of low traction intervention scenarios. Not all of them, but a lot. I ride bikes, so I prefer to resolve road going ‘questions’ with throttle as opposed to brakes.

tlrmade

Reaction score
Traction control intervention. When the tires break loose it cuts engine power.
Yea I turned it all off….held down the traction control button for 10 sec or more until advance track was off as well.

He said next step would be fluid change.

tlrmade

Reaction score
Interested to know if that fixes the problem.
Update:

When I purchased my truck it had a Livernois Tune on it.

Truck currently has 109k.

93 Performance tune
TCM tune

The truck shifted very rough in sport mode.

The truck when pedal was to the floor would not shift to the next gear unless i let off the gas, it would bounce off rev limiter and check engine light would flash and truck would go into limp mode for approx 5 min.

I called Livernois they told me to make sure advance trac was turned off and to have the transmission fluid changed.

I have since had trans fluid changed and truck would still not shift if foot was to the floor. This weekend I put the truck back to stock(removed tune) and it feels and drives much smoother. It shifts perfect in sport mode now as well. I do think the transmission service made a big difference. I put it to the floor today in Sport mode merging on interstate and it shifted flawlessly. Definitely missing some power though without that tune....