Recommendations for Front hub and bearing for 2018 G2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akoudlai

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for a front hub and bearing replacement for my 2018.

Rock auto has an Skf that I was thinking to get, the moog says up to April of 2018 ( was there a mid year redesign?) and not sure where to source an oem part.

Any recommendations from experience would be great, thanks

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moog (Tenneco) isn't what it used to be. They are mostly made in Asia now. Federal Mogul (also owned by Tenneco) still has a decent reputation. The SKF stuff made in Sweden is great. But, not sure where they make the specific part for our trucks. Any Ford dealer can get Motorcraft OEM (Timken) parts.

Rosorbetw

Reaction score
SKF is a reliable choice for front hub and bearing replacement. The mid-year redesign might explain the compatibility issue with Moog, so it's wise to stick with options like SKF that match your vehicle's specifications. I also used bearing from Bearing MFG.
OEM parts can be sourced from dealerships or authorized online retailers for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Moog (Tenneco) isn't what it used to be. They are mostly made in Asia now. Federal Mogul (also owned by Tenneco) still has a decent reputation. The SKF stuff made in Sweden is great. But, not sure where they make the specific part for our trucks. Any Ford dealer can get Motorcraft OEM (Timken) parts.
This is somewhat accurate, some moog parts are still quality just sourced from different locations, timken bearings made in S Korea are same quality as those built in USA- I’ve been to the factory!!!