Rebuild or upgrade shocks .....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Thanks for suggesting there; I hadn't thought about that option. I like to either replace with upgrades, or go ultra cheap if I'm just needing it temp fixed until more funds are available. I priced out all 4 corners, with shipping, and it was around $1600. That is indeed a very minimal difference to the rebuild option; however, with the rebuild option I'm getting improved valving and tuning that better suits my needs and saving a few hundred bucks. I don't mind reusing the tubes, I do that all the time on my two wheeled toys with the forks; why would it be different on my truck?

Rock auto has brand new gen1 struts for $337 and there is a 5% off coupon available. I got mine for $650 shipped to me and sold my old ones. In my opinion buy new for the small difference over rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy2023

Reaction score
"Originally Posted by @Sandfreak520
Hey guys I'm looking to either have forged off road rebuild my stock shocks move them to mid perch etc have the stacks redone etc or maybe try to find decent set of 3.0 fox to replace an upgrade the shocks I have already then sell the stocks to recover some of the cost ....looking for some of you guys for options or suggestions I have about a $1500 Rebuild budget for the stock ones might be able to swing $3k with tax return and then sell my stock ones.... any help is appreciated thx in advance"​

I'm in the same situation. I just sent in a request to Rogue for a rebuild, but I did not know they also sold Fox & Kings. I'd be interested in the same setup, please send a PM with pricing. Thanks!
I know this is an old post but could you PM me with the pricing too. My shocks just started to seep out the top so I'm looking at upgrading or rebuilding.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but could you PM me with the pricing too. My shocks just started to seep out the top so I'm looking at upgrading or rebuilding.

Welcome to FRF. Probably have better luck starting a new thread, introduce yourself and post up your leaking shock prius picture.

There a number of shops that can help rebuild your shocks, or vendors on FRF you can buy new ones from. Depending on your goal and year of truck.