Rear passenger window smashed - easy to replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowthen

Reaction score
Hi all,

So some piece of **** smashed my rear passenger window of my SCAB on the 23rd, no real idea why as nothing in view... Real pain is that I am in Panama so had to order the glass and will take about 2 weeks :whymewhyme:

I have the factory manual and have studied the removal of the door interior and replacing the glass, just wondered if anybody has done it before and has any tips or input from experience? Prefer to do the job myself as will drive me nuts if the dealers leave any glass anywhere inside the door to rattle....

Thanks,

Nowthen

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So some piece of **** smashed my rear passenger window of my SCAB on the 23rd, no real idea why as nothing in view... Real pain is that I am in Panama so had to order the glass and will take about 2 weeks :whymewhyme:

I have the factory manual and have studied the removal of the door interior and replacing the glass, just wondered if anybody has done it before and has any tips or input from experience? Prefer to do the job myself as will drive me nuts if the dealers leave any glass anywhere inside the door to rattle....

Thanks,

Nowthen

From what I remember doing these you will need the ability to install 1/4 rivets. They are not a easy pull and you are doing this with glass in-between... I remember they have or had big plastic spacers that you rivet through to hold the glass in place...