Rear Fox 3.0 Protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be nice to see, I have been iffy on which to go with as well. I want proper protection for the terrain we run so the Icons look good for that but I am also a huge RPG and Fox fan but with no protection it is a serious reconsideration. I will have to see how yours runs and stands up to the rocks that keep taking chunks out of my bumper before I make a decision.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
this is my solution. get them out of harms way, get 16in of travel and not cut the bed. Im tired of beating up my icons- last run I slammed the lowwer mount on a rock and broke the guard into peices.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 72

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a set of the midflaps to help protect the icons waiting to be installed. I should have them in a week and a half ill make sure to take some pictures and let you guys know how they work. I run in the same stuff as you guys dirt roads with rocks and what not there aint no desert here on the east coast lol

Sent from my mobile entertainment device.

Do you guys plan to leave the MidFlap on all the time or take it on and off as designed? If I get one was thinking to leave it on all the time unless your not supposed to. :help:

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just threw a rock the size of a basketball into my passenger rear shock. It bent the compression tubes and shaft and the seals/internals were smoked from driving with no fluid. The only part that I didn't replace was the top cap. That being said, that was the first shock I have seen that was damaged like that. The rubber boot does a wonderful job for all the small stuff. Even if I would have had a thick plastic guard over the shaft, the rock still would have taken out the bypass tubes and let all the fluid out. Might have even taken the guard out and still bent the shaft.

Should've put that carnage on IG

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys plan to leave the MidFlap on all the time or take it on and off as designed? If I get one was thinking to leave it on all the time unless your not supposed to. :help:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere icon said that you could keep them on all the time if you wanted. Im undecided on keeping them on All the time it might look funny with the rest of the truck bone stock lol. But once i get them and see how well they're made ill prob keep them on in the winter as extra protection from salt and slush spraying back. Should have them end of next week i haven't had a chance to pick them up from where i get them shipped to

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are a bit on the expensive side as far as mud flaps go, so I would expect the quality to be top notch.
They do look a little strange, but I like to be different.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought the mid flaps. After TRR, they appeared to have taken quite a few rock hits. So in my opinion, if they deflect most of the rocks then they are a worthwhile investment to protect my 3.0s. I also leave them on around town. The only time they bother me is 75+ mph on the highway they smack the underside of the truck. They really do come off in just a few seconds. So if you want them on or off, it's real easy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 54

Xr Valdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock Protection

GUYS!

Call McKenzies here in So. Cal and get a set of their Heavy Duty shock boots for the 3.0 shocks.

These boots last ALL season on Tim Casey's stock full race truck!

They're actually machine bellows designed to protect machine shafts. They're a rubberized cloth material and are worth the price.

I have them on my truck for my KIng's.