Rear ended need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Last night I get rear ended by this chick on her phone beer car is toatled and the raptor needs a bumper tailgate and trailer hitch and who knows what else they will find. But anyways I've bin looking at aftermarket bumpers such as the add bumpers I've got a 4800$ quote for the damages. Any way I could talk them into putting a add bumper on instead of oem?
Pics of her car and my truck. Looks like she hit a wall
7y4yseve.jpg

a8y6yby9.jpg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Usually, yes. Most insurance companies will give you the option of paying you directly or paying an authorized shop. They just want to settle the claim with you, they don't care what you do with it. You don't have to "talk them into" anything. Just get an estimate from an authorized shop and have them cut you a check.

If you just want it fixed to OEM it's easier to just let the insurance company deal directly with the shop.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to see that, but it looks like she got the worst of it. Hopefully, but I doubt, she will learn her lesson.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you are OK!

The stock bumper held up GREAT considering its flimsy. Go ADD and you are set from now on.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is actual damage to the trailer hitch, have them take a very close look at the frame at the collapse areas!

OP
OP
D

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
If there is actual damage to the trailer hitch, have them take a very close look at the frame at the collapse areas!

Thanks that came to mind. The tow hooks on the hitch are bent down so that leads me to believe that the hitch is bent

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If she hit the box at all, make sure the box didn't hit the back of the cab either. Best bet is have the collision shop look it over really really good.

OP
OP
D

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Ok ill check it out. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I just looked at it where the rear and front bump stops are under the bed. All looks ok no damage to my eye