Rear End Squat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have said it before but the simplest thing to do to help with the sag is to add some Timbren Bump stops. You can put them on and take them off fairly quickly when needed or not. It won't increase your payload capacity, but it will lessen the sag. It can also help with some swaying. As long as you are not off-roading, you can leave them on and probably still not really bottom out the travel.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think his point is that he wants to keep the functionality of the stock rear springs the nice ride and better off-road ability and make sure that he’s not gonna run into a problem doing the other things he wants to do on rare occasions. And I would say to that effect I think he will be fine.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting the suspension in sport mode is not going to change how level the truck is, It’s going to slow down the shock movement with the extra weight so that they don’t bounce up and down as much and keep it from bottoming. Call the frame and the rear end of these trucks is at least as heavy duty if not more so than a regular F150 with a much higher payload rating so it really is all about the spring strength and shock Dampening.

OP
OP
elking

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think his point is that he wants to keep the functionality of the stock rear springs the nice ride and better off-road ability and make sure that he’s not gonna run into a problem doing the other things he wants to do on rare occasions. And I would say to that effect I think he will be fine.
That is exactly my intention. I have no problem loading the truck to max allowable load rating but would like to keep the stock suspension performance intact. I’ve had the same setup atv, small tent trailer plus my gear for years and all my 1/2 ton trucks such as tundra pro or Nissan Titan pro with similar payload capacity were perfectly fine. I’m pretty sure Raptor will be just fine and that is if I’m lucky and Ford builds me one.!!
With a smaller atv and the rest of my gear I will be around 1250 to 1300 lbs total payload. However If push comes to shove I may consider something that I can takeoff such as timbrens.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New G3 owners or soon to be... Members here have had over a decade dealing with raptors and improving their issues with hauling weight. I will be swapping my cheap mass produced gen3 factory springs out for heavier ones when available. I will do front and rear, just like I did on the the previous three raptors totaling well over 200k miles now. Members trying to offer advice are getting flamed for offering real experience and insight in response to questions. Seems to be a lot of this in some of the Gen3 threads.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Payload is the combined weight of cargo and passengers that your vehicle is carrying. The maximum payload for your vehicle appears on the Tire and Loading label.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m on my 3rd raptor and have towed and carried with all 3. This version seems to handle the trailer and payload the best.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37's have better payload as well. My 18 loaded has 1038lb and a loaded 37 has 1307lb.
Gen 3 has a higher payload. FCA one-upped gen 2 by 100lb, so Ford returned the favor on gen 3 by upping TRX by 100lb. So gen 3 has a 200lb higher payload. That's actually useful if you like camping.