Rcv IWE eliminator kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jager000

Reaction score
Update: I have about 17,000 miles on mine and now i get a harsh clunking noise when I turn sharp. My best guess is that the limited slip is trying to engage. I have a Jeep with a lunchbox locker up front and it does that. It is a bit more annoying in my Raptor as I drive it on the street a lot more.

Still it is better than replacing broken hubs or axle shafts, but I would really like a better solution.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the diff. The front diff is a torsen just like mustangs use in the rear. They are totally silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SILVER

Reaction score
Any updates as to how this kit is working out over the long term? How are axels and CVs holding up? How big was the difference in handling at high speed? Steering? I'm about to purchase if this is still the best option. @jager000
@HAYNES OFFROAD did you ever get anything to market?

Thanks in advance
Aaron

sportman

Reaction score
Any updates as to how this kit is working out over the long term? How are axels and CVs holding up? How big was the difference in handling at high speed? Steering? I'm about to purchase if this is still the best option. @jager000

Thanks in advance
Aaron

Guys,

I live in Dubai I order the kit and installed it by pro technicians my observations:
1. The kit works great in loose sand and engagement of 4wd is fast direct and quiet
2. This kit makes the steering feel much heavier and the worst part is on the highway at speed above 85 miles/hr or hard acceleration the truck is bouncing means the steering is bit polling right and left making the drive not comfortable or safe cause it's not very stable I have stock tires and my truck is Roush supercharged 590 hp

I will not recommend it for daily highway use especially at high speed

Last edited:

SILVER

Reaction score
This is what I was worried about. I have a Whipple charger and mid perch and right now it handles great at 120 MPH and flys through corners. I want reliable 4X4 but I want to retain my on-road handling. I wish I could just manually lock the hubs. Anyone else have this experience where the handling is dramatically decreased?

jager000

Reaction score

Thanks in advance
Aaron

I was reading back through what I had posted and I wanted to retract when I earlier said that there was an issue with these fitting. There is not an issue if you cut out every little bit of the rubber of the IWE setup. There is not a word of instruction included with these so I guess you are supposed to figure it out yourself.

I put these on to limit the damage that I was doing on my front end in the sand. And for a while it seemed to work, but then I had a CV joint go, then I ripped the others boot, and then a wheel bearing went. I drive a lot of highway miles and the hubs being locked all the time seemed to put a lot more stress on the components.

In the end I put everything back to stock and sold the truck. As cool as it was, it wasn't working for me.

SILVER

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @jager000. I assumed this settup would be hard on the front end drive train. I'm thinking about selling my truck too. How much did having the hubs locked affect the ride, steering and handling at high speeds? I could do more maintenance if it will actually make it a reliable 4X4 when I need it. But if it handles as bad as @sportman says that's a deal breaker for me. One of the best things about this truck is the amazing high speed handling.

jager000

Reaction score
For me it wasn't nearly as bad as Sportman's.

The steering was a little heavier, but I didn't think that it was too bad. I did burn up a power steering pump after I put them on, but that was in the snow and being ran hard. The stock power steering pumps really are inadequate on these trucks.

I really don't think that it affected the ride at all. It certainly did not seem to be pulling to the left or right.