RaptorFinder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford started blocking my IP for scanning the ETIS too much. I have considered reverting the tool to only scan VINs that are for sale rather than the entire range of possible VINs to avoid having to bombard it with so many queries and getting blocked, but I haven't had time. Only got a few donations while it was up so I figured it was more of a fun tool to play with for most people than something that really helped a bunch of people.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford started blocking my IP for scanning the ETIS too much. I have considered reverting the tool to only scan VINs that are for sale rather than the entire range of possible VINs to avoid having to bombard it with so many queries and getting blocked, but I haven't had time. Only got a few donations while it was up so I figured it was more of a fun tool to play with for most people than something that really helped a bunch of people.

It definitely helped me and I donated a little.....maybe I should have donated more.

2017Raptor_MD

Reaction score

I enjoyed checking it daily and loved the statistics. It is/was pretty awesome. I should have donated a couple bucks over your way for your trouble....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a fun tool for sure. Anyway to to team up with FRF and get a kickback from donating members or sell it to Ford? Kicking myself now for not sending any cash. Does the square site you provided accept CC, more specifically Amex?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a fun tool for sure. Anyway to to team up with FRF and get a kickback from donating members or sell it to Ford? Kicking myself now for not sending any cash. Does the square site you provided accept CC, more specifically Amex?

I had a special ordered truck, but I played with the tool - it was great

Says something about people's character when lots here found their $70K truck solely due to this tool and didn't toss $$$ his way

Poor showing FRF

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not to late to kick him down. I was able to do it today. Just go to the site and theres a paypal link. I hope he continues it for the rest of the guys still looking. Definitely would not have my Raptor without his site. I think everyone that benefited should show a little appreciation.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gunna tweak it to slow the queries way down and see if I get blocked again. If I do I could just revert the tool back to where it only scans the ones that are for sales. Wouldn't get all the fun stats, but at least people would still be able to use it for buying purposes. We'll see how it goes...

MacRaptor

Reaction score
@photoneffect, Raptor Finder wasn't just a good tool, it is brilliant and it's a wonderful historical resource. It's got a terrific interface, it's simple yet very powerful. It's so good, I wish all MFG web sites used YOUR interface to find vehicles and options rather then their clunky sites which either don't work or don't let you see what you want. I'm simply blown away by how good Raptor Finder is and it's terrible that you are being blocked. Terrible for all the prospective buyers like myself trying desperately to find one of these unicorn vehicles and terrible for all the owners and future registrars trying to catalog them. I really think Ford should be buying your IP and incorporating it on their own site.