Raptor vs Other Toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering a 17 or 18 Raptor and wanted to get you guys feedback in terms of grin factor compared to other toys such as Hellcat, 911 cab etc.

Of course I know that is the most apples and oranges off-the-wall question known to man. But I am looking to replace my daily toy which is a BMW Alpina B7 with something more fun.

To Give you more background so you know my taste I have had probably 80-90 cars including a few SUVs but never a pickup. Most have been high performance cars. The current family car but the wife drives is a Lexus GX460. I deliver they picked this one because it is a true body on frame capable off-roader that I could enjoy driving occasionally. The main toy is a Huracan and I also have a 68 Charger.

Although I have never owned a pickup I have always had an interest. Even as a 8yr old child I was addicted to the Fall Guy just to watch the truck (yes I am dating myself)! There is a part of me that would love another manual car with a backseat like a Hellcat or used 911 Cab. Although very fun time these ultimately would be more of what I've had many of which are fast cars! Whereas the raptor represents a complete departure and something new. The Texas Raptor run looks super fun to boot.

Any chance that any of you cross shopped genre of toy like this? Or bought a Raptor as first pickup after having several drivers cars?

I'm like you (kind of), lots of high-end cars.
I say get the Raptor. Its all its cracked up to be. Has the solid feel of a German or Italian vehicle.

Here's my best example...
Think of the interior overall FEEL of your Shelby 350R. I hate to say it, but I just got one vt350 no R, and its got the American made" feel (sorry). You know the Shelby doesn't have that rock-solid quality feel when you touch and handle the interior equipment? You know... Its just not the same as your BMWs/Porches ect. Well the Raptor is all good AND the interior has the top-shelf feel.
Dig?

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw the Hellcat, go for the Raptor! I did test drive, so I can say you won't be disappointed. I ordered mine several weeks ago, and should get it by then end of the month. Can't f*cking wait.

I've owned 30+ cars, several high end exotics. This is my first pickup truck. I bought it purely to jump dunes and partake in general off-road hoonery on the weekends.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Evoking

Reaction score
I just read in the suspension forum that the 17 essentially handles like crap compared to gen 1. Perhaps wait for an 18 and hope they sort?

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
:flipthebird: euro *** > creep up the DOH forum

Last edited:

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a raptor. I was in a similar situation with an aventador, G63, and a 16' platinum. The plat was my first pickup and I became a fan of Ford immediately. Their tech is more user friendly than Lambo and AMG. I bought the raptor thinking that I'd keep both because the dealership said many platinum owners backed off the raptor after test driving. but I ended up selling the plat because I can live without massage seats and auto park. You won't regret a raptor.