Raptor vs F150 Platnium 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Raptor. On my second and still smiling even at payment time. It is my daily driver even though my commute is only ten miles and I offroad when neccessary, basically whenever I can drive offroad I DO... I have driven everything under the sun but the Raptor is my favorite drives better on road than anything that big and there is no contender off the pavement. Just for backgound I have a fully loaded 2014... Every factory option down to the spray in. Now the "but"...
I do miss a couple of the superior touches that the Platinum has...

Interior ambient lighting
Leather wrapped center console, door panel arm rest,and guage cluster visor
Rear heated seats
Rain sensing wipers

Only a few that I would ever use but why cut corners on the BEST TRUCK EVER... at least offer them as an option. Especially the rain sensing wipers,and interior ambient lighting. Just my 2 cents.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neon lighted cup holders? I'd like that! That sounds like a great mod and I bet it's easy to wire up. Anyone try this?

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Ford OEM Platinum lit cupholder and have attempted to integrate it several times. The fit is perfect same cupholder just with lights. But the wiring has proved to be a chore. After every combination possible I have come to the conclusion that there must be a circuit board somewhere in the system that tells it to power on. I obviously didn't order this part and therefore cannot hard wire it... If anybody has any other advice. I'll try it and hopefully get it to work.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good write up. I actually thought the All-Terrain Sierra (Z71 package) that I test drove rode pretty damn good. If the Raptor didn't exist I'd definitely be driving the GMC, the new ones are amazing but not quite a Raptor.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One day I was just driving by the Ford Dealer and saw a new '13 white crew on the lot. Talked them down to $46,500 out the door...800A with only Beadlocks and Trailer Brake Controller. Do I miss the bigger nav screen, brighter headlights, and front/rear cameras...hell no! Less crap to eventually break that I wouldn't use anyway.

Besides, the 800A is SVT's "R" version of the Raptor :tongue: :popcorn:

Which by the way, would have complement my '93 Cobra R (#66/107) back in the day.

228358_1053581474199_7858560_n_zps06262ccd.jpg

What is the "R" version of the Raptor?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One ordered with minimal options, no: Navigation, Trailer brake Controller, Camera, Remote Start, Upgraded Stereo, Dual Zone AC, Adjustable pedals heated mirrors, Garage Door opener, 10 Way seats, Parking Sensors, etc. and probably no sunroof. Perhaps the poster referring to his raptor as the "R" Edition was taking a tongue in cheek shot at the Raptor owners who indulged in the full array of options that add weight to thereby compromise its performance in comparison. Or perhaps he's just insanely jealous and out of his mind with envy for those who chose the 801A option. I can see it going either way, LOL.

I got in a little trouble in an FJ Cruiser forum when a few started referring to their 2WD FJs as Pre-Runners. A poster asked what they meant, I said they realized they screwed up by not getting the 4WD model and were attempting to boost their apparently fragile egos by calling them Pre-Runners.

Internet forums are fun when people don't take the comments personally, many made in jest anyways. And just have a lively, fun discussion.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other comparison point, which may be a positive or negative depending on one's viewpoint is the attention the Raptor gets...literally EVERYWHERE. Ppl are always coming up to me and making positive comments about the truck. I was even attending a meeting with a co-worker (who owns a new GMC 4x4) and was chiding me that if he outdid me on a common project HE would get my truck...which I responded with "well if I out do you, you can keep your GMC, but you win you'll have to fight my wife for the Raptor."

These trucks are remarkable and people love them, even if they don't know trucks at all. The only frowns I have gotten are from Prius drivers (aka. speedbumps), which I actually enjoy.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Its a 2014 Screw SE. The special Edition is the fastest and most street and off road capable raptor Ford made. For some reason they Juiced it up all around for the last year. :driver:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

The only frowns I have gotten are from Prius drivers (aka. speedbumps), which I actually enjoy.

I always wanted to get a F250 and put a Smart car in the bed and just drive around as my daily driver. Just cause I could and really to **** off the Prius crowd.

Never did it though