Raptor Outsells...Ridgeline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some missed my Point. That's awesome some of you just like the truck for looks alone...what I am trying to point out is that ford is now leaning in the soccer mom direction, they are looking at trying to suit the average Joe needs, such as 4 doors, heated steering wheel, faster roll down windows and yadda yadda yadda...I'm sure the list can go on.

What I Would like to see from ford is them enhancing on performance, such as offering a front locker after some good R&D. I would also like to see them toss in a jack worth a shit...our jack now could lift a civic, but to safely change a tire with what we have now? It's a joke...they can keep the 4 doors, along with the heated steering wheel and that bootleg shift option and just supply me with something more practical like a real jack!

They should also invest on adding hi-lift points to the truck! This to me is extremely important..especially for people actually using this thing for it's intended purpose!

They are going in the wrong direction from what I have been seeing on their so called newer models and upgrades. It is starting to resemble an H2...it's not there yet, but wait till they got automatic running boards and chromed out handles along with automatic shades :supergay:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think some missed my Point. That's awesome some of you just like the truck for looks alone...what I am trying to point out is that ford is now leaning in the soccer mom direction, they are looking at trying to suit the average Joe needs, such as 4 doors, heated steering wheel, faster roll down windows and yadda yadda yadda...I'm sure the list can go on.

What I Would like to see from ford is them enhancing on performance, such as offering a front locker after some good R&D. I would also like to see them toss in a jack worth a shit...our jack now could lift a civic, but to safely change a tire with what we have now? It's a joke...they can keep the 4 doors, along with the heated steering wheel and that bootleg shift option and just supply me with something more practical like a real jack!

They should also invest on adding hi-lift points to the truck! This to me is extremely important..especially for people actually using this thing for it's intended purpose!

They are going in the wrong direction from what I have been seeing on their so called newer models and upgrades. It is starting to resemble an H2...it's not there yet, but wait till they got automatic running boards and chromed out handles along with automatic shades :supergay:

Who says luxury and off-road capability have to be mutually exclusive?

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I guess a window that rolls down faster or some weak ass LEDs are more important than a new jack for our trucks that could safely remove and replace our tires.

Again, you are missing my point. Ford will **** this line of trucks up if they stop doing r&d. They also should continue the runs at anza, to help improve it's durability, or they should come out with an OEM bracket for the abs sensor. They should be improving on things that mean most...cosmetic upgrades don't take much to do, they already have them in the fleet, so how are they considering that an upgrade or anything ground breaking?

I think before they come out with a new model, they need to address any issues these trucks currently have, actually do their job.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I guess a window that rolls down faster or some weak ass LEDs are more important than a new jack for our trucks that could safely remove and replace our tires.

Again, you are missing my point. Ford will **** this line of trucks up if they stop doing r&d. They also should continue the runs at anza, to help improve it's durability, or they should come out with an OEM bracket for the abs sensor. They should be improving on things that mean most...cosmetic upgrades don't take much to do, they already have them in the fleet, so how are they considering that an upgrade or anything ground breaking?

I think before they come out with a new model, they need to address any issues these trucks currently have, actually do their job.

No. I'm not missing your point. I agree with you on some things: like the R&D, durability testing, etc.

What I was talking about was where you said this:
...such as 4 doors, heated steering wheel, faster roll down windows...

I'm just curious as to why you think that the Raptor can't have luxury amenities as well as it's badass off-road capabilities.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score

Wow, sounds like somebody isn't happy with their truck?

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I'm not missing your point. I agree with you on some things: like the R&D, durability testing, etc.

What I was talking about was where you said this:

I'm just curious as to why you think that the Raptor can't have luxury amenities as well as it's badass off-road capabilities.

It already has luxury, any more luxury then you might as well look at an f150 platinum.

Just seems so easy to toss out some features that is already offered on a harlydavidson and not address issues that current owners are asking fr or experiencing.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I would also like to see them toss in a jack worth a shit...our jack now could lift a civic, but to safely change a tire with what we have now? It's a joke...they can keep the 4 doors, along with the heated steering wheel and that bootleg shift option and just supply me with something more practical like a real jack!

You do realize just how unsafe Hi-Lift's are right. They should NEVER be allowed on your truck unless you have a real jack under it.
If you are in need of a jack real jack, than I would suggest that you click the link below and carry a real jack in the truck. I think it would look great in the bed of every Raptor out there.

I do agree that the added "extra's" are pointless on a truck like this.

Again, you are missing my point. Ford will **** this line of trucks up if they stop doing r&d. They also should continue the runs at anza, to help improve it's durability, or they should come out with an OEM bracket for the abs sensor. .
Just because they are not testing in OCO anymore doesn't mean that Ford isn't doing R&D. Ford puts a ton of $ into off road racing and they are constantly getting feed back from racers and this is how the Raptor came about. They are the main sponsors of BITD.

Off Road Floor Jack Skid Plate and Quick-Release Mount | eBay

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
You do realize just how unsafe Hi-Lift's are right. They should NEVER be allowed on your truck unless you have a real jack under it.
If you are in need of a jack real jack, than I would suggest that you click the link below and carry a real jack in the truck. I think it would look great in the bed of every Raptor out there.

Off Road Floor Jack Skid Plate and Quick-Release Mount | eBay

Never seen one of those but around here a hi-lift is an off-roader's best friend when used correctly. You just have to know what you're doing.