raptor dealers to avoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeBrigade

Reaction score
Great forum!! wanted to chime in on Galpin ford in mission hills,10K over msrp on raptors on the lot,5k over msrp if ordered.

I will be placing an oder with a norcal dealer on monday that's willing to deal close to invoice.Awesome truck as I test drove one today,You guys are lucky to own such wonderful machinery..

Can't wait till mine comes in!

mct601

Reaction score
Supreme Ford of Slidell, LA.

10K market adjustment above MSRP. They attempted to "make a deal" at $61K when I walked out- this was still $5k above the sticker of the truck.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about all the dealers that advertise raptors on their lot but don't actually have any? Or better yet, advertise at below MSRP but 'we sold those already but have some coming in the next couple weeks we're selling at MSRP.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well to keep it somewhat organized, i am compiling a list of dealers selling over msrp. at msrp, you are not being ripped off so i consider that the threshold.

anyhizzle

Reaction score
Lewis Ford (Fayetteville, AR) - $4k over MSRP (they call it a "Market value adjustment"). :shakehead:

Last edited:

TraderHal

Reaction score
Koons Falls Church Ford

from their sales manager

Usually there is an Addendum of $3,000-$5,000 above MSRP

Christof3727

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, if they are willing to sell under msrp then it is still considered a deal, albeit not a very good one, but less than still msrp

what price were they giving you?

They then came back at MSRP+, 55,750 iirc. I just ordered one through Louisburg Ford in Kansas:

2013 S/Crew Silver
801A
Power Moonroof
F/R Camera
Bed Extender
Spray-on liner

$50,704

DPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vouch that Georgia - Sandy Springs Ford is a *************. It is hilarious that the only one in Georgia you listed is Sandy Springs. About a month ago, I really considered buying a new 2013 Black Raptor until I saw they had a "Market Adjustment Price" of $2,000 on every single Raptor they have. This is the only car dealership in the entire North Atlanta area where they do that (with the Raptor at least).

MY EXPERIENCE
The ********, Zack, I was dealing with needed to visit a proctologist to have his head surgically removed from his ass. He got me in his big, front-of-the-building office and tried getting me to sign the vehicle contract saying the Market Adjustment is done by everyone and it's to safeguard themselves from losing money from Ford. ********! I said it right to his face and he replied, "Oh, what? It's a fair practice. It's giving you the benefit of buying a more expensive truck." I was so flabbergasted that I chuckled and asked him if he would rather buy the SAME truck from a different dealer that didn't have the Market Adjusted price. He was confused and said he would buy the more expensive one since it was probably a better manufactured truck. I laughed, patted him on the back, and walked out of his office.

A few weeks later, I went in and dealt with Finn who was actually an awesome guy. One of the few car salesman I actually enjoyed talking to. I almost came to an agreement on an FX4, but the sales manager came in and raised the price and further screwed me on my trade-in. Looking back now, I am glad we didn't reach an agreement just so I can still buy a Raptor :)

BLUF: If you want a terrible shopping experience and love to get bent over, then go to Sandy Springs. If you're not into that kind of thing, go to ANY other dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquez47