Rack:ONE Mounting Systems by WSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ABOUT RACK:ONE

Rack:ONE is a versatile product built out of necessity, and guided entirely by a function over form*design philosophy. Here at WSI, we were constantly requested to build a custom mounting system that*could fit the specific needs of our customer, and all the items they must carry in their vehicles. Whether*it be work or play, each person has certain requirements of their vehicles, and a secure way to carry*these items is an absolute must.

Up until Rack:ONE’s inception, the majority of people were required to come up with or purchase,*either a custom, or a generic option . The custom option was typically tailored to specific items, and*any divergence from that specific item that went into the custom mount, wouldn’t work, thus leaving*the consumer with a pile of unusable tools or equipment. Aside from that, a consumer was stuck with a*single purpose unit that was either in the vehicle or out of the vehicle and held no function in between.

Also, custom options, are typically expensive, and take a while to receive. *A generic option, usually offers the consumer a less costly, blank platform, in which to try to tailor their*uses around. These typically require lots of drilling and design work of your own, and normally turn out*being as complex as a custom unit, and more expensive than a custom unit would have cost. Similarly,*the generic mounting unit is nearly as awkward as a custom unit, because it still only serves a specific*purpose.

Rack:ONE changes this by offering a uniquely open platform, coupled with numerous options in which to*set up the perfect mounting system, thus allowing a consumer to specifically tailor their own mounting*system, without the “custom” pricing. If the scope of the task for the vehicle were ever to change,*within minutes, the system could be retrofitted to fit within new parameters. Plus if a person were to*ever need an actual truck bed, the components (minus the base) could be quickly removed and larger*items could be placed on the “base”, never leaving a person without an option.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

D

Deleted member 12951

How does the base system remove from the bed? Do you have to unscrew 4 or 6 bed bolts or is there some type of quick release system?

I might be selling my TMX Covert bed rack now

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does the base system remove from the bed? Do you have to unscrew 4 or 6 bed bolts or is there some type of quick release system?

I might be selling my TMX Covert bed rack now

To remove, you would simply unscrew 4 bed bolts. But there's no reason to fully remove the bedrack. The base would be "permanent" in the bed, an individual would just swap out accessories as necessary . Nothing is protruding from the rack once your 3-4 accessories are quickly detached . And you can safely place other items ( ie. new washing machine , a new couch, mulch for the garden) on top of the linex'd rack . And then use the rack to strap it down!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

This is one of those things that is simple in design that we wonder why we didn't think of this. And those simple things are what makes millionaires out of the inventors. Good job Jimmy.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like what you've done here, great job. Unfortunately I've already got a rack but I am interested in the tailgate portion. How much is that section and how does it mount?