Race Seats and Air Bag sensors- what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an thread from the grave..lol
I ended up selling the Poverty-Runner I built for the kid, but wanted to see if/what anyone else has done for Gen 1 Seats.
I would like to take my factory seats and get the bottom and side bolsters beefed up then recovered. Has anyone attempted that?
:snoopfacepalm: over a decade here and still a rookie...... replacing the seat foam and covers are easy.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an thread from the grave..lol
I ended up selling the Poverty-Runner I built for the kid, but wanted to see if/what anyone else has done for Gen 1 Seats.
I would like to take my factory seats and get the bottom and side bolsters beefed up then recovered. Has anyone attempted that?
would have to stop by an upholstery shop for their opinion.
I floated the idea to one for my gen 2 seats but it seemed like it would be decently difficult to graft that much extra padding on there and to add add'l material to covers to properly cover them.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... that's pronounced Wookie..
I'm not looking to replace the seat foam with stock shit... I want to build up the bottom and side bolsters like a race seat and have them recovered.
funny enough, the first car audio shop i worked at back in 2000 was also an upholstery shop. had to do a little martha stuart every now and then. get a needls and some thread and a block of foam.