GEN 2 Put on or not put on,PPF,Visors,Brake light flasher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`m sure these question`s has been asked before but I am looking into trying something a little different

1, I have a set of the Weather Tech low profile matt finish in channel window visors F & R, we all know what they offer but my concern is the look, l am located in NJ and would enjoy the benefit they provide.
Has anyone ever just installed the front set? Or does this install of all 4 kill the look of the truck?

2, I am having the B pillers covered in Expell Ultimate matt or satin finish, I`m not happy with the factory gloss finish. This will also help blend in the window visors in matt finish if I decide to install them

3, I am having the front end done in Expell Ultmate in what is considered a short set, covering the grill surround, headlight surrounds, partial fenders and other parts.

I am also having the front hood decals done to cover up the water spots that they were not able to remove. We put a small scrap piece on and it hides the water spots and will also protect them. Or I can go for a new set of decals and the cheapest OEM set I could find was $450 for the pair and possibly cover them to protect them. I know all about the aftermarket ones available but picking something out is causing me to loose sleep, yup that bad! Hard water spots are a bastard to remove, Plus the truck sat on the dealers lot for 6 months untouched

My question is about having the hood done, I`m only going up about 4-6 inches to follow the hood line. Has anyone ever done that section in a matt or satin black finish to mimic the look of the old school bug deflectors or like the current ones offered by today's manufactures ?

4, Lastly I have installed the Specialty Performance Parts Standard Radiance backup light kit. Here is my thought on the wiring for the lights.
One would be to wire it all to switch #6.
One would be to wire the red surrounds to the brake lights and the LED to switch #6
Lastly would be wiring the red surrounds to the brake lights and use a brake light flasher. Four flashes then to a solid red. I have done this on other vehicles I have owned. The flasher is made in the USA and available on Amazon for $15.00
Link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SQEI4GO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Please fire away with your thoughts and pictures if available
Thanks in advance